Chef's table

Jojo27

Does anyone know how often the menu for the Chef's table changes? I have seen a few reviews over a period of time and the menu was the same. Thanks

They have not changed it. Still version 1. Carnival is on Version 3.

On my 4/4 Jewel cruise I signed up. It was cancelled. Only 3 of us signed up.

I think I saw a price of $99 recently. Has this always been the price or has it increased? If it is $99, does that price include the 18% or is that additional?

The auto-gratuity is added on top of that.

I think I saw a price of $99 recently. Has this always been the price or has it increased? If it is $99, does that price include the 18% or is that additional?

First time I tried the Chef's Table on NCL (in 2012), I believe the price was $75 or $79 p.p. Last year it was $89. and now it is $99, plus the 18% gratuity.

First time I tried the Chef's Table on NCL (in 2012), I believe the price was $75 or $79 p.p. Last year it was $89. and now it is $99, plus the 18% gratuity.

So the 18% is new as well? That is a hefty price for one meal! You could almost buy the UDP for a week.

On both legs of our Jade cruise, they had it on a Port day.

I was told this was on purpose, but not the reason why.

Both times it was cancelled for lack of interest.

We would have signed up had it ben on a Sea day.

It used to be $79.

So the 18% is new as well? That is a hefty price for one meal! You could almost buy the UDP for a week.

The meal is amazing. And the alcohol is free flowing. 18% is less than the gratuity I left when we attended. These are the top servers on the ship. It's a unique experience and well worth it.

The price was $99 in May 2014 at least (on Jade).
$89 on Jade in Dec 2013, which I already found too expensive (we had the UBP on that cruise, so the free flowing alcohol was not a selling point for us). Basically the price has gone from $75 per person in September 2012, as TrumpyNor said, to $117 per person less than 3 years later. A 55% increase for the exact same menu! And no discount for UDP and/or UBP holders. I am not surprised at the many reports of the Chef's Table not being offered or being cancelled for lack of interest lately. Edited by hawkeyetlse

Thanks for the feedback-when we were on the Epic and eating in the Epic Club we noticed they served the meal in the back of the restaurant, looked like a great time was had by all. Not sure the price is worth it, especially when we have the UDP/UBP on our upcoming Jade cruise but might give it a try.