Escape A'la Carte dining questions

So if I read NCL's site correctly the Escape with feature three A'la Carte options - Pinchos tapas, Food Republic and the District brew house. What I can't find for any of these venues is information related to what the range of prices for menu items will be. Has anyone seen any info on pricing?

So if I read NCL's site correctly the Escape with feature three A'la Carte options - Pinchos tapas, Food Republic and the District brew house. What I can't find for any of these venues is information related to what the range of prices for menu items will be. Has anyone seen any info on pricing?

Too early for that. Another few months.

• 2 weeks later...
If district brew house is ala carte does that mean the beers wouldn't be included in the UBP?

They are craft beers right? If so its unlikely they would be priced in the same program as standard shipboard beers. But I am just guessing.

I would not be too concerned about the al la carte pricing. The sushi bar is al la carte and it's a fraction of what we pay at land based restaurants for the same thing, so my expectations is that these new places will be similar in pricing. But if they aren't eat somewhere else. With all the food options aboard these ships there is bound to be several that fit into your budget.

They are craft beers right? If so its unlikely they would be priced in the same program as standard shipboard beers. But I am just guessing.

I would see them being different price, but I can't imagine even the best craft beer costing more than $11. That's why I didn't know if they put any other restrictions besides $$ limit.

• 2 months later...

NCL has been making changes to the dining plan, gratuities, and dining prices, so it's getting confusing. But, on Escape, if you don't have the Ultimate Dining Package (UDP), Cagney's, LeBistro, and LaCucina are all going to be a la carte now, too.

Moderno and Teppanyaki will continue to have $20 and $30 upcharges, respectively, as will Wine Lover's Musical and For the Record entertainment dining, at $25 and $39, respectively.

Bayamo is also a la carte, or $15 with UDP. Food Republic is 25% discounted with UDP. But, my understanding is that the prices are the same for everyone at Pincho.

It's confusing to keep track of, so I don't know how NCL will since what applies and doesn't also depends on the rules active at the time UDP is added to your cruise. To stop your head from spinning, Margaritaville has free items!

NCL has been making changes to the dining plan, gratuities, and dining prices, so it's getting confusing. But, on Escape, if you don't have the Ultimate Dining Package (UDP), Cagney's, LeBistro, and LaCucina are all going to be a la carte now, too.

Moderno and Teppanyaki will continue to have $20 and $30 upcharges, respectively, as will Wine Lover's Musical and For the Record entertainment dining, at $25 and $39, respectively.

Bayamo is also a la carte, or $15 with UDP. Food Republic is 25% discounted with UDP. But, my understanding is that the prices are the same for everyone at Pincho.

It's confusing to keep track of, so I don't know how NCL will since what applies and doesn't also depends on the rules active at the time UDP is added to your cruise. To stop your head from spinning, Margaritaville has free items!

I feel like this carousel of dining changes and charges will force people to opt for the free/included venues. Unless they develop a very cleaver way to easily explain and publish the pricing they may be digging themselves into a hole.

For someone who doesn't attempt to keep up with these changes, I can totally understand how they would be clueless as to what costs what, what's included, what is not, which restaurants are upcharged, what's covered with UDP vs SDP, etc. etc. etc.

Even on a cruise ship... I couldn't see these beers being priced more than $7-9. I bet they're included in the UBP. Getaway has some craft beer (Wynwood La Rubia) that was similarly priced to everything else.

Even on a cruise ship... I couldn't see these beers being priced more than $7-9. I bet they're included in the UBP. Getaway has some craft beer (Wynwood La Rubia) that was similarly priced to everything else.

There are numerous craft beers that cost more then $11 a bottle. They are typically beers that come only in bombers but they are out there and that is store prices. I agree that most will not be over $11 but you should expect there are at least a few that might be.

6&8

We drink wine, not beer but, but I just looked at my UBP T&C and it says is covers a "Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $10." Also, the "Ultimate beverage package option includes 15% gratuity on the package." If memory served me correctly, though, last year on Getaway, the limit was $8 on wine and mixed drinks, which really limited choices. So, I think there should be a reasonable amount of choices included this year on Escape as long as the bar prices haven't increased.

We drink wine, not beer but, but I just looked at my UBP T&C and it says is covers a "Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $10." Also, the "Ultimate beverage package option includes 15% gratuity on the package." If memory served me correctly, though, last year on Getaway, the limit was $8 on wine and mixed drinks, which really limited choices. So, I think there should be a reasonable amount of choices included this year on Escape as long as the bar prices haven't increased.

I think the limit is $11, not $10.

https://www.ncl.com/bge/amenity/ultimate-beverage-package?code=UBP

Edited by tarps14

Also, the good news about the new package is if you buy a drink that is more than $11 you only pay the difference. The old package and $8 limit if your drink was more you paid for the entire drink.

Thanks for the link. $11 would be good. However, I think that the UBP limit that applies depends on when you booked. I could be completely wrong because keeping up with all the changes (like the daily service fee which changes twice already this year) makes it confusing.

But, I'm thinking this about the UBP because we received an email from NCL when UDP changes were being made that even though the new plan adds an 18% gratuity that the guest is responsible for, we would not be responsible for that fee because it was not in effect at the time we booked. If I can find the email, I'll copy relevant text on this board at a later date.

Another example of changes is that even though it still says at http://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15 that Bayamo gets the 25% discount, http://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq states Bayamo is a flat $15 with the UDP.

Oh, well, guess we'll find out onboard and just have a good time eating and drinking!

Thanks for the link. $11 would be good. However, I think that the UBP limit that applies depends on when you booked. I could be completely wrong because keeping up with all the changes (like the daily service fee which changes twice already this year) makes it confusing.

You are completely wrong. The $11 limit is for anyone with UBP, even if they booked or purchased the UBP when the limit was $10.

But, I'm thinking this about the UBP because we received an email from NCL when UDP changes were being made that even though the new plan adds an 18% gratuity that the guest is responsible for, we would not be responsible for that fee because it was not in effect at the time we booked. If I can find the email, I'll copy relevant text on this board at a later date.

Another example of changes is that even though it still says at http://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15 that Bayamo gets the 25% discount, http://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq states Bayamo is a flat $15 with the UDP.

You are completely wrong. The $11 limit is for anyone with UBP, even if they booked or purchased the UBP when the limit was $10.

I admittedly could be wrong, and would be happy to have the higher UBP limit. However, it's illogical for NCL to say the new UBP terms and conditions apply, but the new UDP t&c do not. Why make the differentiation? Either both as booked or both as now revised. The new UDP plan might also be a better deal, and the newer, higher discounts would be appreciated. But, that only makes sense for NCL to do if the new 18% gratuity is mathematically $0 because the cost of the UDP was $0 under wave15.

Also, the good news about the new package is if you buy a drink that is more than $11 you only pay the difference. The old package and $8 limit if your drink was more you paid for the entire drink.

Didn't catch that new goodie at http://www.ncl.com/terms/ultimate-beverage-package until you mentioned it. Thanks for the information; that will make selecting and trying new things much easier!

I admittedly could be wrong, and would be happy to have the higher UBP limit. However, it's illogical for NCL to say the new UBP terms and conditions apply, but the new UDP t&c do not. Why make the differentiation? Either both as booked or both as now revised. The new UDP plan might also be a better deal, and the newer, higher discounts would be appreciated. But, that only makes sense for NCL to do if the new 18% gratuity is mathematically $0 because the cost of the UDP was $0 under wave15.

Even that reply indicates that you still have doubts. Ha! I am telling you that you are wrong. Ask the hundreds of people who purchased UBP when the limit was $10 and sailed after it went to $11, which was a loooong time ago. Make that thousands of people. It changed many, many months ago. The limit is $11 for everyone, regardless of when it was purchased/given as promo.

Just like I purchased it when limit was $8, and it was honored on my cruise after limit was raised to $10.