Back from Sun Princess 8/29 Sailing

Hate 2 W8t

We made it back!!! 24-hours later, our luggage made it back too. :eek:

I will work on a full trip report over the next week. I anticipate that it will be a loooong one. ;) Overall, we had a great time. In case anyone has any questions about specific excursions, here's what we did....

1. Ketchikan...Misty Fjords Flight with Island Wings

2. Juneau...Dog Sledding on Mendenhall Glacier ( :D ) and Whale Watching with Captain Larry

3. Skagway...Horseback riding at Emerald Lake (with Joni), ATV's at the smallest desert, dog cart ride, and lots of sightseeing with Dave from Southeast Tours

4. Anchorage...Alaskan Native Heritage Center, Big Game, Sourdough Mining Co for dinner

5. Talkeetna...Rained out :( (they cancelled the kayaking we had planned)

6. Denali...Jet Boat Wilderness Safari (they cancelled the Jet Boat Excitement tour due to too much water in the river, couldn't see the rocks they needed to avoid)

7. Fairbanks....El Dorado Gold Mine, Ice Museum (skipped scheduled Riverboat Discovery - too tired)

Feel free to ask any questions. Otherwise, I will be working on my trip report. Lots of observations as a first-time cruiser and first-time visitor to Alaska.

Would love to read your review and what you thought of the Sun and the Alaska. Having been on the Sun and three times to Alaska I always still love to read reviews of the ship and Alaska.

Marilyn

Archived