Voyager - Grand Bahamas Port

CatP27

Could someone tell me where exactly the Voyager docks in Grand Bahama on the 9 night itinerary out of Cape Liberty? Are there stores right there where the ship docks? What is there to do there in such a short time?

Thanks!

There are a few stores selling crafts and local things, a liquor store, a small drug store, etc., within in walking distance of the ship. There is also a "straw market" selling a few straw items and mostly local crafts and tee shirts also right by the ship. Anything else and you need to take a cab.

Gizfish - Thanks for the information. Would this place happen to be Port Lucaya? Is it a fairly new little mall right where the ships dock? I cannot believe that they changed the time so that we will leave there at 1:30! Why bother stopping at all........

Hope nobody had to deal with paint or paint specs on their cars when they came home to "Cape Liberty" this weekend. Its a disgrace! Thank God, We subscribe to these boards or would never know of this existing problem.What about other passengers that are not aware of this problem? We are trying to purchase a car cover for our new SUV. We leave on 9/23! I am a nervous wreck. You go on a cruise and then come back to new vehicle covered with paint. This is definitely RCCL fault for letting this existing problem continue. If I could cancel I would. However, would loose all our money. So will be anxious the whole cruise. Have no other way of getting to this port. IKe

Hope nobody had to deal with paint or paint specs on their cars when they came home to "Cape Liberty" this weekend. Its a disgrace! Thank God, We subscribe to these boards or would never know of this existing problem.What about other passengers that are not aware of this problem? We are trying to purchase a car cover for our new SUV. We leave on 9/23! I am a nervous wreck. You go on a cruise and then come back to new vehicle covered with paint. This is definitely RCCL fault for letting this existing problem continue. If I could cancel I would. However, would loose all our money. So will be anxious the whole cruise. Have no other way of getting to this port. IKe

Ike, we're also travelling from Dutchess County. We're using Mahogany Ridge Transportation Service in LaGrangeville. Their phone # is 845-724-4403. We've used them at least 4 times before, and so have other friends and family, and find them pleasant, dependable and knowledgeable. They're always early to pick us up, either at home or at our end of trip venue. Their drivers know how to get around any traffic snarls quickly. To us, for the peace of mind, they're definitely worth the expense.

We just returned from the Voyager 9 day trip 8-26; When docked in the Bahamas there is a very small market consisting of about 10 shops just as you get off the ship.. cross the street and you are there. That is all we saw at the port. Most of the items they are selling there are the same as the ones at Port Lucaya although there are more shops, a few different variety, a few food & drink places etc. at Port Lucaya. You can get a taxi right in front of the ship as you get off and the cost is $5.00. There is also the International Bazarr which is on the way to Port Lucaya but our taxi driver told us that Port Lucaya was better. It took about 15 minutes to get there by taxi so you do have some time to shop if you get up early, eat breakfast and get going. For those of you doing the snorkeling excursion you board the bus back to the ship at Port Lucaya but don't have but 15-20 minutes from when you get off the snorkeling boat until the bus leaves.

Thank You so much for giving us a name of a Limo service that We can call. Plan to call them tomorrow for their price. Are You also going on the 9/23 "Voyager" Sailing or did You just return? Thanks again Neighbor! Ike

Archived