Pool and Whirlpools

ironedshirt

Is it like that on the Century too? We will have 18 year olds with us and I am sure that we all would like to sit in a whirlpool after dinner. When they close them do they put the net over them? I had hoped to be able to sit out under the stars in the whirlpool......

Oh, this is sad!!!!! We've sailed Adventure of the Seas this past January, and I think the pools and whirlpools never closed. I remember sitting under the stars in the whirlpools, and I was looking forward to doing that on the Constellation this coming January!

On the Nav of the Seas, we went in at around midnight & it was a blast! Of my sister & I had a few too many drinks & met a few more people happily drunk like us in the whirpool! ;) It was fun to sit out in the whirlpool at night!

Wanted to do that with DH on our honeymoon (not the drunk part though), but we were dissappointed by the same thing when we sailed the Century last year.

Years ago, I'm not even sure how many maybe 15, I sailed on the Horizon and the hot tubs were open all the time. It was fun to sit in the hot tub and watch the sun go down. However, shortly after that cruise there was an outbreak of Legionaires disease on the ship and it was traced to the hot tubs. They actually took the hot tubs out, for awhile Horizon had none. I have been told that since that time Celebrity has closed their hot tubs down each evening for cleaning and refilling. I personally find it reassuring as hot tubs are perfect breeding grounds for all of the bacterial diseases that can be found in places which such high traffic of people from so many different backgrounds and places. I find it a small thing to give up sitting in the hot tub in the evening, especially as there are so many other options.

Happy Cruising!

I must say one of the few dissappointments with X and, more specifically the Constellation are the hot tubs. Last December they were luke warm at best. And, because of this, many parents decided it was a great kiddy pool for them and the little ones, some even wearing diapers!! Two days in a row I pointed this out to the Pool Attendants. They didn't have a clue!

So, we weren't dissappointed when the nets went on at 8 pm, too da__ cold to be in at night anyways.

I must say one of the few dissappointments with X and, more specifically the Constellation are the hot tubs. Last December they were luke warm at best. And, because of this, many parents decided it was a great kiddy pool for them and the little ones, some even wearing diapers!! Two days in a row I pointed this out to the Pool Attendants. They didn't have a clue!

So, we weren't dissappointed when the nets went on at 8 pm, too da__ cold to be in at night anyways.

Two words: bacteria soup.

... than it was in '02 and '03 when we first cruised X ... everything outdoors shut down at 8 pm ... last year the hot tubs tacked on the extra hour. Maybe kind of an X ambience thing too? to not facilitate all-night pool parties? -- TR

in The T-Pool and the 2 whirlpools surrounding it had folks in it relaxing. At 8PM attendants came in told the folks to get out & netted both of them. The sign stated 11PM for spa.

There is also a large publically displayed notice that diampers are NOT PERMITTED in pools or hot tubs. T-Pool area is closed to anyone under 18.

Archived