A lot of similar questions but no exact ones

topofE

I apologize if this gets asked all the time. I did a search and found a lot of questions about price matching from early saver to military rate to get a price reduction.

The current promotion for military includes $50 OBC per person but it is the same rate as my early saver rate.

Is it possible to price match to this even though the price is actually the same? Can I get the OBC?

Yes, assuming you qualify for military and it is not for a guarantee. You must be able to keep the cabin you originally selected or upgrade to another that you are allowed to select.

And of course you must be price marching to cabins in your exact category.

I haven't done it with a military rate but you should be able to. Early saver allows you to move to any promotional price including OBC. Just remember it works the other way as well. If there is a better rate but $0 OBC and you move to that you would then lose the $50 OBC.

I am also booked for next May with an early saver rate. My dad would qualify for the military rate, and he is the traveling with me. If we take advantage of the OBC, does that change our booking to Military rather than ES? Would we be able to take advantage of any other price drops, if there are any?

I am also booked for next May with an early saver rate. My dad would qualify for the military rate, and he is the traveling with me. If we take advantage of the OBC, does that change our booking to Military rather than ES? Would we be able to take advantage of any other price drops, if there are any?

That's a good question I never thought about. If you book under early saver, exactly which price drops do you get to take advantage of? Only early saver price drops or can you match the price of any existing offers? And if you match the price of a different offer, are you then technically falling under those terms and no longer under early saver?

You'll stay an Early Saver even though you are getting a rate has some other name. You only lose Early Saver if you switch to a rate that is for guarantee cabins instead of specific cabins.

OK, I have tried twice to submit the form for the Early Saver on this. They rejected it both times saying that the price now is higher than what I have booked. But that is not the case. Can you call in to request the $100 onboard credit?

OK, I have tried twice to submit the form for the Early Saver on this. They rejected it both times saying that the price now is higher than what I have booked. But that is not the case. Can you call in to request the $100 onboard credit?

I had that happen and just sent them an email describing the rate and the new amount. Within a few hours I got an email approving my request.

I just did this a few hours ago with my PVP. The early saver form is almost always declined for the military rates even if you have your info on file with them. Just call the 800# if you don't have a pvp. Quick and easy.