Where is the Dawn?

Kumarrr

I'd have to say on her way to Port Canaveral. After looking at the satelite images of Ophelia, they shouldn't feel any effects until they pass Hatterras NC. The storm is small and closer to the coast than when we came back on the Dawn Friday. We had it's effects from 10pm on Friday night until about 2:00am on Sunday. Usually on the way down from NYC, they hug the coast. Maybe this time they will sail farther out to sea, but have the current from the Gulf Stream to slow them down and will be late arriving in Port Canaveral.

No matter happens, they will have fun on the Dawn.

Happy Sailing

Monty

usually the web cam refreshes every couple of minutes - notice recently dawn web cam shows a time of 9:45 a.m. where seas look calm - they haven't updated it since - maybe they don't want us to see the roughness.

my friend is on that cruise and i hope she is doing well.

just found a one day cruise next may 6 on a saturday - this year i was on the mother's day cruise which was cancelled - this one next year is not a mothers day cruise and is on a saturday.

i was thinking about the one day cruise in october but thought maybe october seas may be rough so i am going to try may 6

usually the web cam refreshes every couple of minutes - notice recently dawn web cam shows a time of 9:45 a.m. where seas look calm - they haven't updated it since - maybe they don't want us to see the roughness.

my friend is on that cruise and i hope she is doing well.

just found a one day cruise next may 6 on a saturday - this year i was on the mother's day cruise which was cancelled - this one next year is not a mothers day cruise and is on a saturday.

i was thinking about the one day cruise in october but thought maybe october seas may be rough so i am going to try may 6

My friend was also slated to be on this year's Mothers Day Cruise. So everyone thinks the ship is sailing to Florida. Guess we can find out at 7am tomorrow.

I too was wondering--my uncle is on this sailing. He was originally looking to book a Canadian sailing and would probably have been the only one on board happy if they diverted north! He's an experienced cruiser and told me he took long pants, jackets and seasickness pills....just in case, preparing for any direction the ship took!

Robin

Archived