Think Twice before re-booking while on board

mc'smom

I also posted this on another board.

Think Twice before re-booking on board

Hi everyone I just returned from the 3 night Wonder Sept 8th

Had a great time but just wanted to warn a few about booking another cruise while on board..

the day before I left I called DCL and received a price for a Cat 11 on a Jan. sailing, on board I spoke with Marty who told me there were no Cat 11 for the date I was sailing and offered a price for a Cat 10 on the same sailing of Jan.7th Eastern

I took his prices and while in the Bahamas I used my cell phone and called DCL to see a price for the same sailing as he quoted and here is the difference..

DCL ~ Cat 10 ~ No Insurance or transfers $ 2,644.39 for 2 Adults and 1 Child

Marty on board ~ Cat. 10 ~ No insurance or transfers INCLUDING A 10% Disc. and $ 200.00 on board credit $ 3,028.44 2 adults and 1 child

There is a difference of $ 384.05 there are no deals there !

I just looked on line the cruise I want and the cat 11 for even less...

He also quoted me a price for the Western sailing and it was nearly double the Eastern rate for the following week..

And what he quoted me was absolutely ridiculous for the 11 night sailing...

When I brought this to his attention with his aussie accent he said " Oh love nothing is ever free " Like that is supposed to make me feel better... LOL

So I suggest you know your prices before you go..

Disney Wonder Sept. 8th ~ 11th 2005

Disney WorldTrip # 26 Nov. 2005

But, are you able to transfer your booking to your TA, who will give you a better deal, while in the meantime still receiving your shipboard credit, since you booked on board?

Just wondering because we are/were planning to book for next year, while on board.

Good for you for being assertive! I guess Marty didn't realize 'it’s a small world' lol ;)

Cindy

PS so what was your final outcome?

Hey Cindy... I am stalking you!! lol

We are planning to rebook onboard also.... but for a date in 2007, and those prices are not out yet.

Cindy... your right, you can transfer it to a TA and get their incentives plus disneys deal.

Havent even been on my first cruise and have 4 more planned. I sure hope none of us get sea sick. LOL

LOL Laura!

Which dates are you booking for?

We will have Sierra for sure and maybe, just maybe our other 2 grand children, if DH and I are ready….lol!

After the Wonder you will be ready to set sail again…good for you Laura! I definitely want to see pictures from the Girls cruise…lol!

I am really interested in doing the 4 day DVC membre cruise in Oct 2006, but we wouldnt get the incentive...

But in 2007 I would love to do a 7 day cruise... just have to figure out when.

BTW I love your new image... LOL

Laura,

I want to research a future cruise before booking it this coming week. Do you know if we book on board then cancel if we can still keep our booking number for a future Disney Cruise? I know RCL allows this. Plus if this is the case with Disney, then we can just book something we may be interested in with possibility of changing it later.

Cindy

PS Glad to see you have free time this evening! :)

Hmmm how to explain this....

Okay... lets say you want to book a 2007 cruise, but the rates are not out yet.... you make a fake reservation for any date in 2006 and put down your deposit. Then when the 2007 rates come out, you transfer that deposit to a new reservation in 2007. Disney must keep the deposit or you loose the incentive....

I beleive the deposit for a 7 day is 250 per person. You can just book 2 people and give disney 500 to hold onto, and add people later, but the people you add later will pay the current rate... Now.. you could put the deposit down for 2 people.... wait until the 2007 rates come out, book and add the extra people right then and there, and all pay the opening rate... (and cough up the addtional deposit funds)

plus for future cruises (no rates yet) it is hard to compare, since the rates listed on Disney's site are already inflated, whereas brand spanking new 2007 rates are yet to suffer that fate. Does that make any sense?

I cant wait until we can chat all about this on Deck 10! LOL 5 more days 5 more days!!!

Yes, you explained it perfect so it made sense.. However, I won't book anything until we talk on Deck 10...lol! Any idea when the 2007 fares will be publicized?

I know girl...only 5 more days! Actually you have less! We were over 100 days, at what feels like a few days ago! And you are containing all of the excitement within you for all of your children! :)

Gosh, your children are going to be stoked! ;)

C

Archived