$30 upgrade email...to stay in a balcony cabin

I was more excited before I opened the email...figured it might be an aft balcony or something better. For $30 Carnival offered to move us from Deck 6 midship to Lido/Deck 9 midship on the Sunshine leaving in a few weeks. Still in a regular balcony cabin. We never spend much money on board so I went ahead and accepted it. I understand that not all the decks on the Sunshine can be walked straight across but that doesn't bother me much. If it ends up not being worth an extra $15 pp then I'll probably be too fat and happy to notice or care :rolleyes:

I always stay in Lido Balcony. Definitely worth $30 for the upgrade. Better view and well you're on the Lido deck. Nice to just walk out to the pool or over to the buffet without stairs or elevators. Good upgrade IMO! Enjoy your cruise!

Just curious... Why would lido be better? Would Empress or deck not be better? That way you are sandwiched between two decks of cabins and it would be less noisy?

I guess it depends what you are looking for in your cabin location. They ARE considered a higher category. I liked being up there because of the close vicinity to the pool and buffet, which I spend a lot of my time at. Easy and convenient to run to your own cabin to go to the bathroom for example. Or run out and grab a coffee to take "home". I think noise from lido would be more problematic on deck 8 than 9. I've not noticed a noise issue when I stay on 9, but I sleep like the dead.

That being said, that was my mindset before, when I was willing to pay for the balcony cabins. Since they cut smoking, I've moved to OV, which are mostly decks one and two where I would have NEVER stayed before. I gotta tell you, it is no big deal at all being down lower. It was NICE, don't get me wrong, but I'm actually cruising more than ever because of saving the balcony differential and just moving to the cheap seats. :D