Question for Pomliane or other expert--Taxi tour

Momto5boys

I am hoping to do a taxi van tour around Martinique and then head to Point du Bout or other nearby beach (we will be in port from 7am-2pm). We will have a group of nine. Does anyone know if it's possible to pre-arrange for a tour since we have a big group? I am afraid that there won't be any large vans available when we get off the ship. We have five kids and my parents in the group so we really can't split up. Any suggestions/contact information for an independent tour driver with a large van?

Also, any "must-see" suggestions of beautiful or interesting places to visit? Thank you!

I think it's quite short to do an island tour AND to go to the beach. I think you'll find a taxi for nine persons. But if you want to go to the beach, take the shuttle-boat and go to trois Ilets.

if you want to discover Martinique, you can also rent a van and go to Saint Pierre and have a bath in Carbet (black sand beach).

I hope I helped you.

pomliane

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your help. Vous etes tres gentil! What is trois ilets? Is that near Point du Bout?

If we did a 2-3 hour taxi tour in the morning, would we be able to see much? What places would you recommend seeing? I thought it we did a short tour then we would still have an hour or two to relax on the beach. Do you think that is possible?

What you can do : rent a cab or car and go visiting Balata's Garden. It's a wonderful botanical garden on the mountains rounding Fort-de-France. It's about 1h30 min visit. Then maybe you'll have enough time to take the ferry and go to Pointe-du-Bout. Trois Ilets is the town where the Pointe Du Bout (the touristic area is situated).

I hope I helped you :)

If you want more information about Martinique try the official wbsite www.martinique.org

Archived