Carnival Cruise Line Changes Loyalty Program Perks

LauraS

only you forgot to mention that the drink coupon could only be used after 5pm on the last sea day my question is why is that a stipulation I think it should be able to be used while the platium and diamond party is going on isnt that the 1st or second nite of the cruise ?

Carnival had to do something. The past guest party was so crowded it was difficult to get a drink or a snack. There wasn't much value in that and as a result, it wasn't much of a benefit to anyone. I'm glad Carnival is trying to restore value to this loyalty perk. As a result of the change, golds will value it more when they reach platinum.

Carnival had to do something. The past guest party was so crowded it was difficult to get a drink or a snack. There wasn't much value in that and as a result, it wasn't much of a benefit to anyone. I'm glad Carnival is trying to restore value to this loyalty perk. As a result of the change, golds will value it more when they reach platinum.

The only problem is, when you keep "changing the rules", by the time someone does reach Platinum/Diamond, those will have been reduced in perks as well. This is why I am not loyal to any one line. They cannot truly be loyal to customers as the customer base/numbers increase. I remember when I first started cruising, we got all sorts of perks after the first cruise. Those days are looooong gone! If I can afford to cruise as many times as it takes to reach these levels, I can afford to pay for the perks! Maybe they should just do as the airlines do and award points and those go toward cruise fares! Frequent cruiser miles......then, they can do as the airlines and increase the number of points it takes as the numbers with the points increases.....:rolleyes: I think I'll just do as I have been, I will cruise whatever line has the itinerary I want, from the port I want, for the price I want, to heck with perks! :)

only you forgot to mention that the drink coupon could only be used after 5pm on the last sea day my question is why is that a stipulation I think it should be able to be used while the platium and diamond party is going on isnt that the 1st or second nite of the cruise ?

So many restrictions whenever they give you something. I agree. What difference does it make when you use the voucher other than the fact that they might think that you will forget about it by the last night especially since you will be busy preparing to pack up, etc.

Why discriminate? Just give drink vouchers to all past guests and let that be the perk. I think it would be more appreciated. Those "parties" are just mob gatherings for an hour for a drink or two and some snacks. It's not really a party. Nothing goes on. A past guest is a past guest whether they have sailed once before or 50 times before. With all of the cuts, it just puts a bad taste in one's mouth. I would just like to see continued great prices, and there is an area for discounts to past guests should they desire to utilize it.

My wife and I just got back from cruising on the Conquest last week. It was our first cruise as gold members. We attended the party and had a great time. We were able to each get a couple of drinks and food. It wasn't very crowded at all really and the ship was at capacity.

I just feel like its another cost cut for Carnival. First they take away the free drink for red members, no more chocolate on your pillow, now golds can't attend the party. Lame... I had been loyal to Carnival but I think I'll give RCL or NCL a shot for our vacation this fall.