The Quest

Last June on the Liberty we attended an event called "The Quest" It was hilarious and probably one of the best things we have ever been to on a ship. Everyone at a table was a team and the cruise director called for all kinds of things for people to bring up to the stage and changing clothes with your teammate, etc. I am wondering if anyone has seen this on other ships? Do they do it on certain ships or maybe on every cruise? I've cruised Carnival 13 times, but that was the only time i've seen that game. I would love for it to be on other ships!

it depends on not only the ship, but the cruise director. as i understand it, the cruise directors are the ones to implement it. that said, i think when an established cruise director establishes it, and then say goes on vacation, the stand in will likely still hold the event... or if it's established on a ship, perhaps the new CD would keep it....

i saw it first on carnival on pride back in 2009 (kirk benning CD), and then also on splendor in 2014 (eli sharplin, stand in CD for malcolm i believe)...

it's a great activity, not sure why it hasn't quite 'caught on' across the fleet yet, but it's been around for at least 6 years since i saw it on my pride cruise.

Was on the Pride last year. One of the funniest things ever, although our team sucked and was a bunch of sticks in the mud. Rules were everyone who was there had to participate but these guys were bare minimum. Would have preferred to be in a group who were really participating...

Has anyone seen it done on either the Triumph or the Sunshine?

it wasn't on triumph when jen baxter was the CD... however kirk benning is cruise director for most of the rest of the year... he had quest on pride when i sailed with him so maybe he does on triumph - not sure though.

I was on Triumph in early April and there no Quest. My sister sailed on Elation last October, they had a game similar to Quest called "What's in the Bag?" Royal Caribbean had "Quest" on all the cruises I have sailed with them.

It was on my 5 night Fantasy cruise 10/2014 but I didn't see it on my 7 night Liberty cruise just last week 4/25. It's possibly that I missed it in the Fun Times but I don't think they had it. It is so much fun.

• 3 weeks later...

It's fun to watch, but when there's a team that sits front row, knows every question, and is already prepared with what's needed, it takes some of the fun out of competing in it.

I was on the Pride in December out of Tampa and it was done. The CD didn't host it though. It was the assistant cruise director and entertainment director, who are actually both on the Paradise now, but they didn't do it on that ship a few weeks ago.