Brilliance in Norfolk, Va today

Brilliance stopped in Norfolk today on its last stop before transatlantic cruise to Ireland. News media and local officials made a big deal out of it. I sure hope that will convince RCI to base a ship,out of Norfolk at least on a seasonal basis.

Xmasteach, glad you enjoyed visiting our area. Surprised the ship left as late as it did. Have a smooth crossing to Ireland. If we had known the ship was stopping here, we most likely would have been boarding today to sail with you.

I couldn't agree more! I've had some great cruises out of Norfolk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lots of cruise ships out of Norfolk. They are all painted gray though.

Oh, I hope so! I live so close, and would love to go out of Norfolk :)

Also, it was "BREAKING" news all day today. Should definitely (hopefully) convince RCI that Norfolk is a great port to sail out of. It has one of the biggest poplulation areas on the southern part of the east coast (minus NOVA) With so many military families, it would be a great way to 'hook' them before they moved elsewhere!

Edited by livinginyellow

It's only about 90 minutes from the ocean to the cruise perineal in Norfolk. Sure much shorter than going all the way up the Chesapeake Bay to Baltimore.

Think about going into port in Bermuda and some of the other islands. Takes as much time or more going through the channels between the reefs and other underwater obstacles.