Renewing vows??

islandermg

Has anyone ever renewed their wedding vows on a Princess cruise? We are on the Diamond 10/02 and I thought I might like to surprise my wife and do this. Do I have to notify Princess before we sail? What are the costs? Any help is appreciated.

dirk pitt

My husband and I, Also our daughter ans son in law are renewing our vows on the Star in October. The cost is either $149.00 per couple, that includes the ceremony, orchid bouquet and boutonnier,a certificat of vows signed by the captain,,one bottle of Mumms Cordon Rouge champagne in your stateroom,two princess engraved souvenir champagne glasses, and a framed formal portrait of the ceremony Also the deluxe pkg, for $399.00 a couple, that includes the above, plus, a champagne breakfast in bed, a half bottle of french champagne delivered with breakfast in your stateroom on the morning of your choice, two terry cloth bathrobes to take home, a visit to the spa, one 30 minutetherapeutic massage or a facial per person, choice of canapes or petit fours in your stateroom every evening, a personal invitation from the captain to visit the bridge while in port. They say that the ceremony may be a group, but each is done individually. We picked the $149.00 because we have our family going, and they would eat it all. LOL I called Princess and they connected me to a lady that took all info. It is charged to your credit card at that time. You also get balloons on your door. She said we would receive a letter in our stateroom upon arrival, with who to contact to make choices for the ceremony. Pretty painless. Anything else I can help with just let me know. Sue

7 Days on The Star Princess OCTOBER,24,2004

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=10>

<param name="day" value=24>

<param name="hour" value=05>

</applet>

My wife Gwenda and I renewed our vows on the Coral Princess last April to celebrate our Silver Wedding. It was a fabulous evening and conducted by the Captain on a Sea Day. We invited our new friends met at our Dinner table (8) and we all had a great evening - it was very moving for one and all, and the photographs taken were excellent. Do do it,not that expensive, and try to get someone to video it for you if you can.......... fond memories believe me. Just wish we could do it again, and the Cruise!!!!!

Colin

Dirk, I believe you could surprise her. When you call Princess Have the woman tell you how you can do it. Maybe she could email you with a meeting place for just you, when you are on the ship, to make arrangements. I am sure you are not the first to want it to be a surprise. Sue

7 Days on The Star Princess OCTOBER,24,2004

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=10>

<param name="day" value=24>

<param name="hour" value=05>

</applet>

Dirk,

We renewed our vows in November of 2003 and were extremely happy with the service. I have posted a link to a thread that ran in February on this same subject.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=887097554&m=1473039477&r=3813074577#3813074577

BECKY

DAWN PRINCESS 3/05

ISLAND PRINCESS 11/03

OCEAN PRINCESS 3/02

GRAND PRINCESS 10/00

DREAMWARD 11/93

CELEBRATION 9/91

my dh was trying for a complete surprise, which didn't happen, but he did surprise me when I opened the envelope for all our pre-booked excursions (or I thought that was the envelope) and it was the one for vow renewal icon_smile.gif

If you can grab all the envelopes before your wife opens them - it had our names and cabin numbers typed on the front - they are usually sitting on the desk in your cabin - then you can make the arrangements "behind her back". They will need a day from you, just call them the first chance you can or else they will call you!

Dirk,

My wife and I renewed our vows during our Feb 29 cruise on the Sun. It was as thrilling and special as the others have remarked.

Our renewal was the first evening of the first sea day which coincided with the first Formal Night, which is probably the key to when it was done.

By the way, I follow all your adventures in the Cussler books. Surprised to hear you are finally taking a cruise and not on one of the NUMA ships.

Greg

Foo-Foo Chowder and Marching Society Sails again on the Sun Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;2;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Regal Princess 3/92

Regal Princess 2/94

Crown Princess 2/97

Norwegian Dream 3/00

Grand Princess 3/01

Coral Princess 3/03

Sun Princess 2/04

Sun Princess 2/05

Archived