Has this happened to you at Guys Burger?

oceanlov1

We were just on the Pride last month and while we didn't try to get just the fries, we were able to get just the hamburger with no problem.

Where does the onion rings come in at? I didn't see any onion rings. :confused:

You have to ask for the rings. if you dont ask you wont get them.

For some reason they will put it inside the bun, I immediately take it out so it stays crispy.

Just the opposite for me, I asked several time just for a hamburger and still got those limp, never hot, non-crispy, potato things cluttering up my burger plate. :cool:

Finally the last time he gave me no fries...should have tipped him ;)

You should have. The underground fry/ hamburger/ no onion ring for you mafia understands cash. Seriously?

You can get more than just a cheeseburger

This is the menu..the ringer has onion rings

DSCN1509-500x552.jpg

I seen all of those on the posted board there, however, every time we went up there (which was quite often during our cruise), all of the cheeseburgers were already made up and they would just put the fries on the plate with them as you came up. At one time the hubby ask for one of those off the menu and they looked at him like he was crazy and pointed at the toppings bar. They did the same to me the first day I went there too. So, we just assumed that it's just a cheeseburger and you have to put the toppings on it to make it what you want. :confused:

I seen all of those on the posted board there, however, every time we went up there (which was quite often during our cruise), all of the cheeseburgers were already made up and they would just put the fries on the plate with them as you came up. At one time the hubby ask for one of those off the menu and they looked at him like he was crazy and pointed at the toppings bar. They did the same to me the first day I went there too. So, we just assumed that it's just a cheeseburger and you have to put the toppings on it to make it what you want. :confused:

That's strange, never had that experience. I don't eat cheese, so have them make my Plain Jane without SMC (

Super melty cheese)

Edited by DaytonCruiser

In a lot of cultures, including those of crew members' home countries, wasting bread is considered a greater faux pas than wasting other foods. But it's still a useful suggestion to consider.

I'm a total carboholic so I definitely would have eaten the bread. Even if I wasn't hungry enough for an actual burger. [emoji6]

As bacon is served on Lido, it is "unlimited",just ask for more. Guy's still doesn't serve onion rings, which are not a traditional condiment.

I guess that is the politically correct answer! Lol. Thank you, MrMileStoner, for keeping us all straight. :p ;) :D

You really want to confuse the burger guys? Tell them you just want the hamburger patty, no bread, no fries, nothing else but the meat.

The servers had a very difficult time understanding that I just wanted the patty (I wanted to do a taste test of the plain meat to see if it was worth while eating .)

I actually had to wait for the patty as the burgers were already on the buns and they needed to wait for a patty to finish cooking.

And the results of my taste test - without the taste of the meat being hidden by bread and other glop, the meat was a greasy, gray, slightly rancid (probably from the grease on the grill) piece of meat.

One bite and in the trash it went.

If that were true then I can't really understand the long line that's always at Guy's Burgers. Why the heck would so many people stand in line over and over to get a rancid burger?

I guess that's why Carnival has a nice salad bar. Something for everyone.

If that were true then I can't really understand the long line that's always at Guy's Burgers. Why the heck would so many people stand in line over and over to get a rancid burger?

I guess that's why Carnival has a nice salad bar. Something for everyone.

Not to mention the CDC might have something to say about rancid burgers

I found the menu confusing on my first visit. I couldn't figure out what all the letters stood for and felt rushed to make a choice. I ended up with a burger with mayo, which I don't eat. Is Donkey sauce mayo? I felt really bad but I threw it away and went back for a plain one. I chickened out of trying any of the other varieties.

Edited to add: Never mind, I finally saw the "key" at the bottom. I missed it in the rush to order on the first day and we never went back. Maybe next time!

Edited by Debbie7452

Nope never had an issue. In fact we sailed in October and they had the football game on in the comedy lounge. Went up to Guys and ordered a plate of fries.. went to topping bar and added melted cheese chili bacon jalapeños etc and made a smothered fries plate for our table to eat during the game...

Guy's doesn't serve onion rings - they make a burger with an onion ring. There is nothing wrong with the staff's English but I'm not so sure about the customer's. :p

Thank you.

I'm not so sure whats so hard to understand about this. This complaint comes around every so often and its always funny to me. The onion rings are not a side order like the fries. They are a part of "The Ringer" burger. They aren't meant to be ordered like the fries are. I'm sure they don't make anywhere NEAR as many of them as they do the fries so it makes sense that they aren't handing out handfuls every time someone asks.

Thank you.

I'm not so sure whats so hard to understand about this. This complaint comes around every so often and its always funny to me. The onion rings are not a side order like the fries. They are a part of "The Ringer" burger. They aren't meant to be ordered like the fries are. I'm sure they don't make anywhere NEAR as many of them as they do the fries so it makes sense that they aren't handing out handfuls every time someone asks.

But we want more rings:):)