Dawn to Bermuda first week in may was scarey!

rentlady

I was on this sailing too! We had 7-12 ft waves on way to Bermuda! The ship was very rocky but it was fun in a way. lol The lap pool in the spa became my private wave pool! People in our group who only wore the patch got a little woozy but people using Dramamine were fine. The sailing from Bermuda was perfectly calm and we saw a pod of about 45 pilot whales and lots of dolphins!

I was on this sailing too! We had 7-12 ft waves on way to Bermuda! The ship was very rocky but it was fun in a way. lol The lap pool in the spa became my private wave pool! People in our group who only wore the patch got a little woozy but people using Dramamine were fine. The sailing from Bermuda was perfectly calm and we saw a pod of about 45 pilot whales and lots of dolphins!

Sounds fun to me too. I like a bit of rocky sailing at times. And the whales and dolphins are the frosting on the cake. Not been on a cruise to Bermuda, but it is in my sights. Yeah.

It's sometimes all relative - there's a thread/post on a prior week's DAWN sailing, N.O. to Boston reporting 20' waves and they didn't seemed scared or alarmed, but did mentioned about the outdoors closed for safety reasons.

We're on the BA in late March with 15 ft. waves and being a bigger ship, just minor vertical motions for us on Deck 10 FWD (3rd. balcony all the way from the front) but we didn't have to sail into strong headwind or diagonal across the ship bow, etc. It felt steady as we had a nice lunch midship at Savor, deck 6 - but, outdoors & Waterfront were closed for safety reasons.

IMG20150328_1109.jpg

send from my Google Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

We were on the Jewel during Hurricane Sandy, we left NY an hour before they closed the entire port down. We hugged the coast all the way down to Port Canaveral but boy what a wild ride. Wine glasses smashing to the ground in the cabin, both of us rolled OUT of the bed. Not that we slept. :rolleyes: I understand how scary that could be. Glad you had a good time despite the rocky start.