La Spezia question

sparklymermaid

Can anyone give advice on this port of call. I was looking at a company called Shorebee and they have a tour for 80eu per person if there are eight people in a bus. They drive to Florence, stop at Michelangelo Square and you can either do your own thing or get a guide and then on the way back they stop at Pisa and then back to the cruise ship. It is a duration of 9 hours.

Any advice would be great :)

Try RomeInLimo. Their tours are about the same size and duration. We used them 3 years ago and will use them again in September. Check your roll call and see if anyone has already set up a tour or try the website for RomeInlimo and see if a tour for the date you will be in port has availability.

What ever arrangement you make, make sure you go to PISA first thing in the morning, before the motor coaches arrive. It can get quite crowded in the square with multiple 60 passenger coaches there at the same time.

Can anyone give advice on this port of call. I was looking at a company called Shorebee and they have a tour for 80eu per person if there are eight people in a bus. They drive to Florence, stop at Michelangelo Square and you can either do your own thing or get a guide and then on the way back they stop at Pisa and then back to the cruise ship. It is a duration of 9 hours.

Any advice would be great :)

We did this a couple of years ago. We just got off the ship and went to one of the mini buses advertising this tour.

Had a great day. 10 people if I remember in the van.

Really nice driver and helpful.

Was cheaper than your price as well.

Kezz

If you're docking in La Spezia, unless you have your heart set on Pisa/Florence you should consider visiting Cinque Terre - much closer and easier to do from Cinque Terre and really stunning scenery.

Even with a 9 hour excursion you will spend a lot of that driving there and back if you visit Florence.

Edited by Bobal

I agree with Bobal :D

If you're docking in La Spezia, unless you have your heart set on Pisa/Florence you should consider visiting Cinque Terre - much closer and easier to do from Cinque Terre and really stunning scenery.

Even with a 9 hour excursion you will spend a lot of that driving there and back if you visit Florence.

I also agree with bobal. I would not spend much of my day on a. Bus to go to Florence. Instead go to the train station in La Spezia and take the train to the Cinque Terre villages. Each is unique and lovely. Each trip between villages is just a few minutes. Wander around and have a fabulous seafood lunch overlooking the sea.