Mexico in October

jamesnnb

It appears Celebrity and Royal are only cancelling stops to Puerto Vallarta this month. It does not say permanently. I believe the only cruise line sailing to Mexico year round is Carnival. They have not stopped going to Puerto Vallarta.

I've been to Puerto Vallarta twice on Princess cruises. I quit going a few years back when the violence started occurring there and in Mazatlán and Cabo. I have no desire to go back when I read all the negatives. Here's the link cruise critic posted in their news section.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6356

Edited by Kenosha Cruiser

While in PV the second week of April a tourist from Colorado was shot and killed in the Marina zone. They were taking money from and ATM and a recently escaped prisoner tried to rob them. Their college age son tried to fight him off and was shot and killed. We were told that the zipline tours were being cancelled because of some problems in the jungle as well.

Kris

Terrible story, glad we made it thru this past spring, we loved the ziplining excursion, it was way out.. hate to be doing that under this kind of atmosphere, real or exagerated :eek: