Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer (Juneau Roundtrip)

cl.klink

We did this excursion two years ago and loved it. The staff was great and so accommodating. My husband has some mobility issues and they were great about getting him onboard and seated. The trip to Sawyer Glacier takes a bit but it was fun to look for wildlife. Once we started up Tracy Arm it was amazing and so different than going up in the ship. We'd done it the day before on the Oosterdam. We got so much closer to Sawyer Glacier as our captain on the small boat maneuvered among the ice floes. We watched the seals just looking at us. North Sawyer was wonderful to see as well. This excursion was one I'd looked at several times but hadn't done. It was a splurge but so worth it!

Karen

Has anyone done this excursion? What did you think of it?
Is there an opportunity to depart from the ship and go into Tracy Arm? This can save you a few hours additional hours in Juneau in not needing to retrace 50 miles of water from Juneau to the Arm. The trip itself is 110 miles.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/ExcursionDetails.action?excursionCode=100030935

Edited by xlxo

We did this excursion two years ago and loved it. The staff was great and so accommodating. My husband has some mobility issues and they were great about getting him onboard and seated. The trip to Sawyer Glacier takes a bit but it was fun to look for wildlife. Once we started up Tracy Arm it was amazing and so different than going up in the ship. We'd done it the day before on the Oosterdam. We got so much closer to Sawyer Glacier as our captain on the small boat maneuvered among the ice floes. We watched the seals just looking at us. North Sawyer was wonderful to see as well. This excursion was one I'd looked at several times but hadn't done. It was a splurge but so worth it!

Karen

Thanks. So, does Oosterdam (or any ship) sailing north to Juneau from Ketchikan always cover this same territory? Would this excursion then be retracing the previous day's steps?

- Joel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless your cruise goes to Tracy Arm Fjord, you will not see any portion of Tracy Arm Fjord from the inside passage. You will pass the entrance going to and from Juneau, but not see any of the beauty of Tracy Arm Fjord and Sawyer Glacier.

Unless your cruise goes to Tracy Arm Fjord, you will not see any portion of Tracy Arm Fjord from the inside passage. You will pass the entrance going to and from Juneau, but not see any of the beauty of Tracy Arm Fjord and Sawyer Glacier.

Thanks. Appreciate.

- Joel