Filing an insurance claim...

alexspepa

Your post shows something very important. GET TRAVEL INSURANCE.

I have zero tolerance of sympathy for people that come on this board and say "I didn't buy travel insurance but do you think they will give me my money back anyway." Or "why won't they just let me change to a different date" kind of comments. Years ago I think very few people got insurance. I'm talking the late 70s early 80s when I first started cruising. Along with this - times have changed people. I know it has only been in the last few years (like since the 2000s) that I've bought the more expensive insurance although I've had the free one I get with my status on Princess.

Let's face it. No one wants to buy insurance. It is the one thing that it is too late to buy once you need it. For me this goes along with tips. It is part of the price and if you can't afford to buy it then you have no business cruising or any other vacation that takes you a long way from home or is money you can't afford to lose.

I spend literally several thousand dollars paying for my cruise, air fare, hotel, excursions and everything else. The extra money it might cost me for the insurance is what, less than my hotel bill?

Peace of mind - priceless.