Atlantis for 17 and 20 year olds?

cruisegal134

My sister and I are cruising to Nassau in the beginning of June with her very well behaved 17 and 20 year old sons. We are looking for something to do in Nassau. I am just wondering if Atlantis is better suited to younger kids. I am sure they would enjoy the water slide and not-so-lazy river, but if the majority of people around them are squealing 10 years old, they may feel awkward. It would be an expensive mistake to make.

Are there as many adults enjoying those areas as kids, or is it possible that we should we be looking for a beach instead?

Thanks for your help!

I think the Atlantis waterpark demographic IS your kids. We took ours for a week when they were 17 and 19 and they had a blast. There are areas for everyone, really. One day I was a little under the weather and was able to find a quiet place to just sit and read. A different day we found a bandstand with a dj and people dancing. The kids loved the slides and we all enjoyed the aquarium.

We were also there in June and never felt overrun with small children.

Thank you SO much for this information. We will definitely book it, then. One nephew is more interested in the waterpark and the other is more interested in the aquarium. It sounds like there is something for everyone!

Thanks again!

Definitely start with the big slides and the rest of the watermark (lines and crowds), and hit the aquarium at the end of your visit. It's a blast, but you don't want to waste your day wandering and getting acclimated - it's huge! The beach is beautiful.

Perfect! :)

mjkacmom - we will definitely take your advice! We know the limited time in port will go by quickly and we don't want to spend most of that time in lines!

Redfantum - do you recall where the "quiet area" you found was? My sister has bad rheumatoid arthritis and sometimes just needs a little peace and quiet. I know that she would like to see the place, though!

my extended family spent a week at Thanksgiving and all ages had a blast. 3 year in a row. Current ages are (69, 69- my parents - 55,44,42,41,40,39,39 - me, siblings & spouses /kids 22,19,14,11,11,9,4,3,2)

It has more advanced and wild ride and more calm for babies. We picked a zero entry location with shade and shares and kids paired up. It was also nice they could stay on the Current and end up back where we were in 30 mins. If a few wanted to go to the beach then a parent went with those kids.