Ultimate Beverage Package

schoolman

Just booked a cruise for next February on the Norwegian Dawn which included, in the price as a perk, the Ultimate Beverage Package. Just wondering how this works and if it is as good as it sounds. Please advise. Thanks

How good the package is depends on how much you use it. DW and I both got it as part of a promo as well. We did the Mexican Riviera cruise.

I drink a lot and the wife only drinks a few glasses of wine per day. For her, it would not have paid for itself. For me, it worked out great. On a weekend at home I will drink a 12 pack of beer watching football in the afternoon. On the ship, I started with bloody mary's at 8am, then had beers all day and finished with foo foo drinks in the evening.

I have done this cruise so often I did not get off the ship. Had I paid for the promo (which you really do, they raise the cruise price to cover it) I cost them money. On past cruises I would have had a 12 pack easily on a port day. Beer was $12 each, so a minimum of $84 per day. I would guess with the other drinks, I had easily $120 a day bar bill, but all free with the UBP.

Were we paying for it individually I would buy it and the wife would not.

How good the package is depends on how much you use it. DW and I both got it as part of a promo as well. We did the Mexican Riviera cruise.

I drink a lot and the wife only drinks a few glasses of wine per day. For her, it would not have paid for itself. For me, it worked out great. On a weekend at home I will drink a 12 pack of beer watching football in the afternoon. On the ship, I started with bloody mary's at 8am, then had beers all day and finished with foo foo drinks in the evening.

I have done this cruise so often I did not get off the ship. Had I paid for the promo (which you really do, they raise the cruise price to cover it) I cost them money. On past cruises I would have had a 12 pack easily on a port day. Beer was $12 each, so a minimum of $84 per day. I would guess with the other drinks, I had easily $120 a day bar bill, but all free with the UBP.

I'm curious as to what NCL ship you were on that had beer at $12 each? Never found any beer that expensive?

And where did you book that still included UBP as a perk?!?

you can still book with the UBP through NCL's UK site. Though you might loose a few dollars with the exchange rate.

http://www.ncl.co.uk/?_$ja=cgid:2327420034|tsid:26800|cid:65755674|lid:5410843803|nw:g|crid:44531854794|rnd:4481991615961746547|dvc:c|adp:1t1

The Norwegian web site still offered the UBP as of last week. We booked two NCL cruises within the last 10 days and our travel agent confirmed the drink packages were added. To make sure, I asked Norwegian to email to me what they call an Amenity Confirmation so that I had it in writing. The confirmations specifically stated that the packages were "free" add ons.

Edited by Danbee46

WOW that's how I used to drink at frat parties in college!

Today, the drinks package would not make sense for us.

If I drank that much during the day, I'd be face down in the Stardust before the early show.

Our cruise was aboard the Star out of Los Angeles during spring break this year.

My apologies, the beer was NOT $12 they were $7, thus the $84 per day in beer drinking.

For those that do not drink very much, my consumption would be extreme, but starting at 8am and going to 10pm, thats 14 hours. A drink an hour to me is not all that much. Try and make a 16 oz beer last an hour. lol