shades

shades

We have been told we are now flying UK to Milan for our cruise next year, has anyone done the journey Milan to Savona if so would appreciate knowing how long it takes. We are due to land Milan at 12. midday and sail at 5-0pm. It seems a little tight and hope we have no delays! Can anyone put my mind at rest, also has anyone else been advised that for Euopean cruises, Milan has been subsituted for Naples? Shades UK.

Hi, we have been advised if we fly out of Heathrow or Bristol (our choice) it will be to Milan, travelling time to port approx the same as Genoa - Savona.Wondered if anyone has personal experience of this journey.

We are booked on the Fortuna April 2nd 11 nights. Itinary persuaded us to go ahead. Be nice to know we are not the only English on board although quite comfortable with variety of passengers. Shades UK.

Shades,

I found this in a review on ship-happens

" Costa Europa Cruise 6 March 2004

Just came back from a cruise on the Costa Europa in the Med. The ship is a good ship, the service was good and the food was fantastic. only a few problems with costa cruises from the UK is that we fly to Milan, and then had a 2h 40 min trip in a bus to Savonna to get on the ship. only problem is that we fly from Birmingham , ahd a change in Munich and then to mialan and then bus trip. so long day. Watch out for the tipping charges to your account. it works out to 4 euro 50 cents per person per day. I did not mind paying it as the service was good. but be prepared for the bill, as there is also a 10 % service charge for all drinks as well. but an enjoyable trip, hope to go on the Costa Atlanitica or Costa Fortuna at the end of the year."

We are due to fly into Milan on the 9th October to pick up the Costa Fortuna later that day......so will be able to report back in about 4/5weeks time to confirm the above.

(I had a quick look on the map and I think 2h 40min looks pretty reasonable)

Alan

We flew from UK (Manchester) to Milan in July, to board Costa Magica in Savona.

Costa arranged for us to travel on a mini-bus from Milan to Savona - and it took about 2 1/2 hours.

Unfortunately we then had to wait about another 1 1/2 hours to board, as there was such a large queue, and the number system seemed to take forever.

After that however - everything about the cruise was great.

Hope it is for you too.

Pauline,

I just checked our flight times and it looks like we have very similar timimings.

We are due into Milan (Malpensa) at 12.35 so assuming 55 mins or so to clear the airport it'll probably be 13.30 before we hit the road, transit time of 2hrs 40 mins (traffic dependent)..it'll be just after 16.00 hrs by the time we reach the ship.....so with a 17.00hrs departure I can see your concern!

Milan (Malpensa) is about 30 miles NW of Milan, if you arrive at Milan (Linate) which is about 5 miles from Milan centre you'll save a bit of time. I think it is mostly Alitalia flights into Linate.

Anyway I'm not going to get to worried about it.....they can always hold the ship for us! ;)

Alan

Hi Alan, I will await your comments with even greater interest, probably means no standing in "line" or queue as we say, you will go straight on to ship, cases in cabin ( the rest will already be cleared,) and hey ho anchors away!!!!!!!

Ever the optimist and all adds to the excitement! Will they or won't they wait?

Of course they will! Costa set the schedule let's hope it works. We fly via Amsterdam so two flights needing to be on time. What fun!

Hope you have a super cruise. Just going to look at your ports of call.

Pauline.

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked the same Cruise as you (Fortuna 11 night April 2nd). Although not confirmed, it has been suggestedthat our flight will be to Nice, with a 2/2.5 hours transfers.

Will update you when we get any documentation as literally just put phone down to Costa. Wanted to get booking done in case prices went up at 1st October as I wasn't sure how long the early booking prices were going to be held for

b

Archived