Passion Island Cozumel?

58Piano

We have been to Passion Island about 4 times. Has anyone gone recently?

Some friends of mine just got back from a cruise. They went there on my recommendation. They said it was terrible. The beach had a lot of seaweed on it and in the water. We have never seen it like this. Has somebody else taken over this beach? Are they not taking good care of it and keeping it clean and nice? Any recent opinions? We are going there in October. We do not want to go if it has changed for the worse.

DH & I did the Twister boat and Passion Island. We had a blast! The boat ride over was fun- actually my husband was SO GLAD I booked it. He loved the speed and the fast turns.

The beach was nice. Some sea weed- but depending on storms the seaweed can come in quite a bit... The seas were a bit rough so I noticed the water wasn't as clear- but it had some big waves. I've seen worse with those types of waves. I think of the lake I live on- a storm can really tear up the water leaving lots of weeds on shore. Maybe it was me? Since I live on water so know what can happen with rough water??

I thought the area was great. Liked the beach- walked along the shore- I thought the beach was clean. Drinks were fine. If you wanted more booze you just asked for more. I only wanted a part of a beer- it was on tap. I said "Only half full." the bartender laughed when I said that- he said- you're not driving- you can have more. I said... no. I just wanted a little bit and didn't want to waste.

The workers/guides tried hard to fix any problem we had and were great. It was December 30th when we were there...

That's all I got.