Independence of the Seas May 3rd-10th

There is a new cruise director. I don't think they show times will be the same. The cruise director in May had a crazy schedule. I remember I had a welcome back party of crown and anchor at 730 departing from Cozumel at 7pm. Guess what I was in an excursion, I went to the welcome back party as I was. Quest game was super early and he even had the pool party on formal night. Crazy logistic, first time that I see something like that

The "theme" should be listed in the Compass, which I believe you said you have. I'm looking for "Pimiento." The menu has lasagna, tiger shrimp, chicken marsala, eggplant parm.

Actually, if you could report the dinner "theme" for all seven days, based on what's listed in the compass, that would be really helpful to a lot of ppl I think. It should be listed in the same area where they list the dinner dining times in the various venues.

Tiger shrimp was for sure on the last night and I think the night before lasagna and chicken Marsala

Tiger shrimp was for sure on the last night and I think the night before lasagna and chicken Marsala

So you think the Pimiento menu (Italian) was the 2nd to last night? When were formal nights?

Kelly: By any chance, do your Compasses list the menu "theme" for each night? It should be listed right where it lists dinner options for the evening.

They don't. I wish they did but we had to always check the touch screens near the elevators to see what the menu was for that night.

Do you have someone getting the Eastern compasses for sure? I am sailing 7 day Eastern at end of July and would love to see them as well! isaaxmisc@bellsouth.net

Very interested to see the Eastern ones also. Going end of September. I'm sure a lot will change but most curious about San Juan and how they plan for 4-10 port of call.

Very interested to see the Eastern ones also. Going end of September. I'm sure a lot will change but most curious about San Juan and how they plan for 4-10 port of call.

Me too. We have an excursion to the bioluminescent bay that evening and the only show that we wanted to see but missed on freedom last June is once upon a time. I hope they don't have it that evening.

So you think the Pimiento menu (Italian) was the 2nd to last night? When were formal nights?

Formal night 2-5 night

I was looking at my pictures and jasmine menu is on the 2nd formal night. I also noticed that chicken Marsala was on the last night and now I think lasagna was only at the buffet

Lamb was offered in the 5th night

Menu arugula for night 5

ImageUploadedByForums1431492072.115441.jpg.5838d00f452adfb3c2b6e2f31bb55560.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1431492118.272123.jpg.cf1ba302320a5c5f623bd971c949875f.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1431492029.145657.jpg.06a9475400e1f31bf6ed632477cfb354.jpg

Formal night 2-5 night

I was looking at my pictures and jasmine menu is on the 2nd formal night. I also noticed that chicken Marsala was on the last night and now I think lasagna was only at the buffet

Menu arugula for night 5

[ATTACH]349159[/ATTACH][ATTACH]349160[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]349161[/ATTACH]

Thanks. Sorry to be so annoying about this, but I'm trying to plan specialy dining & want to do it the night of the Pimiento menu. Does this look like the one for the last night? I think you had mentioned tiger shrimp on the last night as well as chicken marsala, so this seems correct.

Caprese Salad

Arancini

Antipasti

Creamy Roasted Garlic Soup

Minestrone

Chilled Strawberry bisque

Insalata Mista

Main Courses

Lasagna Al Forno

Tiger Shrimp

Chicken Marsala

Grilled Veal T Bone Steak Al Pepe Verde

Eggplant Parmigiana

Sticky Bread and Butter Pudding

Tiramisu

Dessert Sampler

Low Fat Lemon Yogurt Cake

Sugar Free Strawberries Romanoff

Do you remember the cost of the internet packages? We are boarding on June 7th and I am in the middle on an online class and will need to do some school work onboard. Thanks! :)

We were on that cruise. We paid $119.95 for the week, one device. It was really nice to have. I didn't think I would want to spend the money but well worth it. (acutally my husbands company paid but I would do it now that I know the ease).

Also it was Great cruise. Met some really nice people.

Formal night 2-5 night

Menu arugula for night 5

[ATTACH]349159[/ATTACH][ATTACH]349160[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]349161[/ATTACH]

Lasagna was also on the menu on the last day in the main dining room. I only know that because I had it:)

Ok here we go. I'm going to try and post about the shows.

Day 1: "Welcome Aboard Show starring the hilarious comedy of Al Roma's with the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers and the independence of the Seas Orchestra

7:40pm

Day 2: Strings Adventure on Ice

3pm and 5pm

Production showtime "Once Upon a Time"

9pm and 10:45pm

Day 3: Headliner showtime: Musical comedy impressionist Scott Record

7pm and 9pm

Adult late night comedy

Al Roma's

11:30pm

Day 4: Strings Ice Spectacular

7pm and 9pm

the Love and Marriage Show

10:30pm

Day 5: Headliner Showtime starting Ventriloquist Ronn Lucas

7pm and 9pm

Day 6: Production Showtime starring the Royal Caribbean Singers and Dancers in

Center Stage

7pm and 9pm

I'm not sure where my Day 7 compass is right now but I will look for it.

Also please keep in mind that I think the cruise director might be changing.

Jamie Fentiman was the cruise director on our sailing.

OH, It's look like all the show seems very poor.

Do you enjoy it ?

Lasagna was also on the menu on the last day in the main dining room. I only know that because I had it:)

OK, so now I think we can deduce that Saffron & Jasmine were the formal dinners (b/c I think they always are) & Pimiento was the last night. If anyone on the cruise can remember any items from nights 1, 3, 4 or 6, that would be helpful!

Do you enjoy it ?

I think we are on the same upcoming cruise as you... I remember you from the roll call! I think your kids would like the Once upon a time show and the ice show. My son is 9 (but does speak english :) ) and these are the kind of shows that he likes. Not much if any talking and singing/dancing and then ice skating. Perfectly easy to follow for non-English speaking guests and fun for kids.

Do you enjoy it ?

The shows we liked the best were the ice show, the impersonator Scott Record and especially the ventriloquist Ronn Lucas. Seeing that your kids do not speak English, the only one of these shows that would be of interest to them would probably be the ice show. The other shows were a mixed bag, parts of it good, parts not so good. Keep in mind that everyone has different tastes as far as shows go.

Do you enjoy it ?

We were on the May 3 IOS sailing. The shows were very good! We had MTD and didn't miss a thing, as we did not ever make reservations...just showed up when we wanted to eat with NO waiting:)

This was our third time on IOS. WE loved every minute except when we had to go to a public restroom..they were disgusting, especially the pool area ones. I never saw anyone cleaning them. So we would just go back to our cabin when necessary.

Also, disappointed that they never had chocolate-chocolate chip cookies anywhere. I even tried to order them for dessert one night and they brought me chocolate chip cookies:(

Anyway, enjoy and have fun!!!