What is the availability of karaoke on the Dream now?

jg51

Greetings to all.

We found, via "John Heald's Blog," a full set of "Fun Times" from a May 18-25, 2014, cruise on the Dream, leaving New Orleans -- in other words, just under one year ago. From that set of "Fun Times," we determined the following schedule that was used for karaoke, back in mid-2014:

.. SUNDAY (three hours, venue #1)

07:00 to 08:45 PM -- "Karaoke Party with Kirsty" ... Burgundy Lounge, 5 Aft

08:45 to 10:00 PM -- "Superstar Live" Karaoke ... Burgundy Lounge

.. MONDAY (at least three hours, venue #2)

08:00 to 10:00 PM -- "Karaoke Party with Kirsty (all ages)" ... The Song, 5 Aft

10:00 to "Late" -- "Karaoke Party with Kirsty (age 18+)" ... The Song

.. TUESDAY (five hours, venues #3 and #2)

03:00 to 05:00 PM -- "Karaoke Party with Kirsty (all ages)" ... Ocean Plaza, 5 Mid

09:00 PM to 12:00 -- "Karaoke Party with Kirsty (age 18+)" ... The Song, 5 Aft

.. WEDNESDAY (at least three hours, venue #1)

07:30 to 08:30 PM -- "Karaoke Party" ... Burgundy Lounge, 5 Aft

10:00 to ??:?? -- "Carnival Legends Auditions" ... Burgundy

.. THURSDAY (three hours, venue #1)

07:30 to 08:30 PM -- "Karaoke Party (all ages)" ... Burgundy Lounge, 5 Aft

10:30 PM to 12:30 AM -- "Karaoke Party (age 18+) ... Burgundy

.. FRIDAY (four hours, venue #2)

08:00 to 09:30 PM -- "Karaoke Party with Kirsty (all ages)" ... The Song, 5 Aft

09:30 PM to 12:00 -- "Karaoke Party with Kirsty (age 18+)" ... The Song

.. SATURDAY (approximately two hours, venue #1)

05:00 PM to 07:00 (?) -- "Superstar Live" Karaoke ... Burgundy Lounge, 5 Aft

[also: 10:00 PM to ? -- "Carnival Legends Show" ... Encore Theater, 3/4/5 Fwd]

Notice that one major venue and two minor venues were used in 2014 (possibly with a dedicated DJ/KJ) -- and for a total of at least 22 hours (possibly 24 or more) in seven days -- that is, an average of more than three hours per day.

For a couple of reasons, we have begun to think that the karaoke schedule aboard the Dream may now be radically different from the mid-2014 schedule listed above ... and so, we hope that some of you who have very recently been aboard the Dream can assist us.

If anyone can post links to online copies of the seven Spring or Summer, 2015, "Fun Times" from his/her Dream cruises, that would be best of all. However, we do not want to presume to ask anyone to go to so much trouble as to scan and post their "Fun Times." Instead, we want to ask you, please, to look at the hourly schedules in your recent Dream "Fun Times" and let us know which of the following was true? ... :

--- (1) "We were aboard the Dream for its __________, 2015, cruise, and we had the same (or very similar) karaoke schedule to the one you duplicated from mid-2014. Thus, karaoke has not been cut back on the Dream. It has a

dedicated host DJ/KJ, and it remains 'portable' to multiple venues."

--- (2) "We were aboard the Dream for its __________, 2015, cruise, and we had a karaoke schedule that was greatly decreased in hours from the one that you duplicated from mid-2014. Karaoke was offered on only three nights (and zero afternoons). It was no longer portable to multiple venues, and there was not a dedicated host DJ/KJ."

--- (3) "We were aboard the Dream for its __________, 2015, cruise, and our karaoke schedule was very different from both of options 1 and 2. Here is what was done instead: [etc., etc., etc.]"

Many thanks, in advance, to any and all who can assist us. We realize that the on-board situation may change between now and this coming winter, but we would like at least to know where things stand now, before we make any firm decisions.

We were on the dream in January 2015. There was not a dedicated karaoke host, just a member of the entertainment staff. We don't sing karaoke, we just like to watch. Ever since they did away with the dedicated host, and replaced that with someone who may be less than thrilled to be doing it, and unfamiliar with the equipment, we find it less entertaining and don't spend as much time as we used to there. As far as the schedule goes, i can look at my fun times tomorrow.

We were on the dream in January 2015. There was not a dedicated karaoke host, just a member of the entertainment staff. We don't sing karaoke, we just like to watch. Ever since they did away with the dedicated host, and replaced that with someone who may be less than thrilled to be doing it, and unfamiliar with the equipment, we find it less entertaining and don't spend as much time as we used to there. As far as the schedule goes, i can look at my fun times tomorrow.

Thanks, "mary80," for the helpful information. We very much look forward to seeing what you find in the "Fun Times."

As those who have cruised with me can verify, I too, LOVE to sing, and really enjoy karaoke. I can confirm what Mary80 posted, as I've had to "train" a couple of the appointed karaoke host/hostess folks. Some are really, really good, especially considering the amount of training they get, and others are visibly disgusted at having to take over the karaoke jock duties, and therefor it's next to impossible to predict how good, or not so good the karaoke sessions will be. Best to just go aboard with a positive attitude, and enjoy whatever happens. ;)

"SKY"

I don't keep the tear off part of the fun times, but this is what I see from out jan 25-31, 2015 cruise on the dream: 25th- all ages karaoke party- 7-8:45; superstar karaoke- 9-10; 26th- karaoke party- 7:30-10, all ages, 10-late, adults; 27th- karaoke party- 8:30-12, all ages. All of those are at night and either at the song, or burgundy lounge.

30th ImageUploadedByForums1431560699.832717.jpg.fbb856a0adc66cbd00fe51b84a403550.jpg

And, there isn't any karaoke listed for the last sea day. But there was the legends show at 10 pm. The auditions were held at the burgundy lounge on the previous two nights.

I don't keep the tear off part of the fun times, but this is what I see from out jan 25-31, 2015 cruise on the dream: 25th- all ages karaoke party- 7-8:45; superstar karaoke- 9-10; 26th- karaoke party- 7:30-10, all ages, 10-late, adults; 27th- karaoke party- 8:30-12, all ages. All of those are at night and either at the song, or burgundy lounge.

28th [ATTACH]349210[/ATTACH]

29th [ATTACH]349211[/ATTACH]

30th [ATTACH]349212[/ATTACH]

And, there isn't any karaoke listed for the last sea day. But there was the legends show at 10 pm. The auditions were held at the burgundy lounge on the previous two nights.

Thanks again, "mary 80." That was absolutely fantastic of you! You have given us just what we hoped to see. Best wishes to you on future cruises.

Thanks again, "mary 80." That was absolutely fantastic of you! You have given us just what we hoped to see. Best wishes to you on future cruises.

You're welcome. Hope you have a great cruise!