Help please: Explorer of the seas

Good morning all.

I am due to sail on explorer of the seas on 12/07/15 and am very much (well, was!) looking forward to it.

I don't seem to be getting anywhere fast with RCI with my quest for answers about this ship.

It is the first time I am ever cruising & have no idea what I need to do in regard to onboard activities..

RCI don't seem to care about this ship as of late, the website has been stale for a good year now for explorer, there are no deck plans, no news, no onboard activities listed at all on her page.

So when asking RCI for information, they basically couldn't care less about answering me, telling me that Anthem was their flagship this year, and understandably so, it's an awesome ship! But I'm not sailing on anthem! So frankly her features don't interest me at all at this moment lol!

There is no information on cruise planner about flow rider, on board activities, food etc.

So my questions are:

Do I need to pre book the flow rider?

What shows are on explorer in July?

Are they ever going to put deck plans up on the RCI website?

Are they ever going to update her passengers on her new features?

Considering they've taken just over £3.5k off me (and most others, if not more £!) to sail on her, a little information by RCI would be nice I think?

Has anyone else experienced this with RCI and explorer?

Sorry to rant, but it has annoyed me a little that RCI seem to display a view of 'anthem passengers matter, all others don't'

Many thanks all those who can help - it's much appreciated!! :-)

Hi, in answer to the flow rider question there is no need to book. Once you've signed the disclaimer document on day one you can just turn up to the open sessions that are well flagged through the notice board near the flow rider and in the daily cruise compass planner. They have different sessions for boogie board or stand up.

Deck plans are available through Cruise Critic or via online search

Enjoy your cruise - I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Since you have found cruise critic, you will find most of your answers here. There is no need to book flowrider, just queue up during opening hours. Those who has been on Explorer since the dry dock might help you out on the shows. Deck plans are available on here too. Do a search on Explorer of the Seas and there are recent threads on what has been done on EX.

What shows are on explorer in July?

Explorer will have a mix of production shows (singers and dancers), headliners (comedians, magicians, jugglers, singers, tribute acts), Love & Marriage, and the Ice Show.

There will usually be two performances of a show every evening, timed to be convenient for the traditional dining times. There are no advanced reservations for shows on Explorer.

Thank you very much for all the replies all! really appreciate it!

It's frustrating I think as RCI doesn't update the website at all to display what's happening onboard etc.

That's answered the main question about flow rider though, was a little concerned that due to its popularity it may need to be booked in...

Thanks again all, will take a look around for plans etc. :-)

The updated deck plans are on the US website.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=12&shipCode=EX&shipProfile=1676&sailDate=1150515&hasNavigation=false

You may need to use a VPN like tunnelbear in order to view them from the UK.

Other than Oasis and Quantum class Royal does not list shows on any of its ships so not finding this information about Explorer isn't unexpected.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

It's frustrating I think as RCI doesn't update the website at all to display what's happening onboard etc.

I know what you mean. At the prices they are charging they really should update their website. It shouldn't be necessary to search third party websites for deck plans. These should be on the site as well as descriptions of the type of entertainment in the main theatre and in the other venues. Not necessarily the actual act but say ' in the main theatre there are a range of shows such as musical tribute shows, comedians, live music etc' . During the days their are cookery demonstrations, or poetry reading or lectures on destinations etc. Just give people more of an idea what happens.

Then again they must be selling enough cabins as they keep ordering new ships. So maybe keeping info to a minimum is just their way of managing expectations!!

Have a great holiday.

It would be really easy for any cruise line to post what shows/movies and general events are onboard, but none seem to. Of course that might take away from them trying to maintain their web site, which seems to be a pretty large complaint on this board. My guess is that I could do it for all the ships in one fleet in around 4 hours a week - not that tough to do. And the UK site should really have the same information as the US site - again not that difficult. Customers would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much for all the replies all! really appreciate it!

That's answered the main question about flow rider though, was a little concerned that due to its popularity it may need to be booked in...

Thanks again all, will take a look around for plans etc. :-)

There is a roll call for this cruise, pop in and say hello, lots of good info.