Missed pets while cruising

Scoobydobe7

Most cats could not care less if a particular human is there or not - while dogs have owners cats have staff. As long as you get someone to feed, water and occasionally interact a cat will be fine - especially one who is new to a household. Of course people like to feel as important as their cats obviously do, so they convince themselves that their cats actually miss them as individuals.

Where did you get that information? Nobody who ever loved a cat would believe it. Like dogs some cats suffer separation anxiety when their humans are gone. I went to San Diego for only five days and during that time, a cat peed on carpet. Another cat used to get mad at me for leaving when I took short trips. Yes, cats do care very much about who is feeding them and cleaning their litterboxes.

Also, most people don't groom, pet, and play with the cats they are caring for. I never had a catsitter who did any of that. And many cats don't like strangers.

Also, most people don't groom, pet, and play with the cats they are caring for. I never had a catsitter who did any of that. And many cats don't like strangers.

Shop around...word of mouth is the best way to find cat sitters. Good ones don't come cheap, but they do a great job. We have two, our primary and a backup. Both are excellent and do a very good job at keeping our three blue point Siamese happy and content. Our backup considers herself a professional cat sitter, which is proven by the journal she keeps while we are away. No matter which cat sitter we have, we always come home asking ourselves 'why didn't I think of that' to find either new cat toys or the many old toys tied to chairs, etc. to create enhanced play areas. We are away every weekend from April through October, and travel up to three weeks at a time, of course thinking of the cats often, but it never fails, every time we return home, no matter how long we've been gone, they come to the door to see who it is, stick around long enough as if to say, 'oh, it's you' and off they go, as if to say, 'and you thought we missed you....huh!' ImageUploadedByForums1431601961.962510.jpg.eb8c097fc20263d6ecba42fe6fe3ef2e.jpg

Where did you get that information? Nobody who ever loved a cat would believe it. Like dogs some cats suffer separation anxiety when their humans are gone. I went to San Diego for only five days and during that time, a cat peed on carpet. Another cat used to get mad at me for leaving when I took short trips. Yes, cats do care very much about who is feeding them and cleaning their litterboxes.

I have owned, and known, many cats over many years. I referred to MOST CATS, and people who have wide experience with MOST CATS, if they look at them objectively, recognize them as self-centered and aloof - except when they want something.

Shop around...word of mouth is the best way to find cat sitters. Good ones don't come cheap, but they do a great job. We have two, our primary and a backup. Both are excellent and do a very good job at keeping our three blue point Siamese happy and content. Our backup considers herself a professional cat sitter, which is proven by the journal she keeps while we are away. No matter which cat sitter we have, we always come home asking ourselves 'why didn't I think of that' to find either new cat toys or the many old toys tied to chairs, etc. to create enhanced play areas. We are away every weekend from April through October, and travel up to three weeks at a time, of course thinking of the cats often, but it never fails, every time we return home, no matter how long we've been gone, they come to the door to see who it is, stick around long enough as if to say, 'oh, it's you' and off they go, as if to say, 'and you thought we missed you....huh!'

That is great but the vacation is so expensive we can only afford the minimum for my cat and she stopped playing years ago. Ideally I would prefer a catsitter to come twice a day. In reality, all I can do is pay whoever will take care of her. Someday I hope to get a good catsitter who does more than the minimum, but that will have to wait a while.