Drive from orient to ???

Jiffymom

I would allow 45 minutes drive time, plus whatever time your 'brief stop' adds.

Depending on where you are going in Marigot, parking may be a problem, with relatively long walks to/from possibly adding to the 'brief'.

gary

Thanks Gary. My granddaughter is taking French 3 years in high school that's why I'm thinking she would enjoy Margiot . Now we are thinking Pinel 2 hours paddle boarding then off to Orient maybe 2 hours than a road tour to Margiot. Not sure if we will go to Maho but that's a possibility . Yes I know a busy day but what the heck we can sleep on sea days. As long as we don't miss the ship o

Kind of sounds like you're abandoning the visit to Maho.

If so, I would suggest a change to your itinerary.

I'd visit Marigot first, perhaps coffee and a croissant looking out at the water or across the marina, and a bit of wandering.

Then head for waterplay. If you do it your way you might arrive Marigot wet and sandy.

Also, if you visit Marigot first then back to Pinel/Cul de Sac then Orient, you would be working your way back towards the ship.

Is your 2 hours Pinel to actually visit Pinel or just to find the Paddle Boarding (I'll assume you mean Stand Up Paddling) which I believe is at the 'Ferry' stop in Cul de Sac.

Wind-Adventures, directly on Orient, also offers SUP. They are located mid-beach.

If you do want to see Maho and wouldn't mind missing the bigger planes arriving, you could visit there first for a couple island-hoppers landing, then on to Marigot.

gary

Marigot was very neat, and I think the choice of going there to get the "French" atmosphere is great. When we arrived it was slow day on the island, and there was still some difficulty parking, as the previous poster said. When we got to Marigot, one of the first things we saw was someone walking down the street carrying a baguette, just like you see in photos of Paris. We had to chuckle to ourselves at how stereotypical that felt... but once we found a bakery, we were hooked.

Enjoy St. Maarten / St Martin I hope to get back someday.

I feel like I am spamming this site with my video, but I am proud of my first edited video, so enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bepDIxYGU-Y