The "Cheers" purchase....how...?

Qcruise

We've only cruised with Carnival one other time, and then we pre purchased a bottle of alcohol to have in cabin. I see that is still available, though prices have increased dramatically since then (3 years)....I hear about their "cheers" program, Carnival's version of a beverage package. When on line a "beverage package" shows bottles of booze with mixers to pre purchase. How does one buy the drink package for the bars on board....? Must I wait until I board to purchase this....?? Maybe just easier to pre purchase a bottle to be in the cabin. On Princess one can just order a bottle from room service to have delivered to cabin, still less $$$ than individual drinks from a bar.

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage#q-1270134

(from link see white - 2nd Q)

I haven't purchased yet but plan to for my upcoming cruise. It's $49.99 per day plus 15% for tip per drink and while in port (US) there is tax on drink.

You can get 15 alcoholic drinks per day plus unlimited non alcoholic drinks and sodas up to $10 drinks.

Good only on the ship.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/My_Awesome_Bar_Program.pdf

On the Glory they had a table set up right by Guys to buy right after we got on. There's a break down on costs of cheers vs. buying separate drinks. (Here on CC that a member made up). I think the break even point was about 7 or 8 drinks.

Edited by kona_wahine

yes, the cheers program must be purchased onboard (it cannot be pre-purchased). they'll have a table set up the first and/or second day to sell it, and you can also purchase it at the lobby or pool bars.

you can also order bottles of liquor via room service on the ship, the same as princess.

The break even point is 5 drinks per day. We like to drink on vacation and thought it was well worth the money. When we sailed on the Dream April 26th thee were tables set up when you entered the ship and by the Lido bar. Must be purchased by both people in the room.

The break even point is 5 drinks per day. We like to drink on vacation and thought it was well worth the money. When we sailed on the Dream April 26th thee were tables set up when you entered the ship and by the Lido bar. Must be purchased by both people in the room.

What if one of the people in the room is underage?

ETA: Nevermind: Its everyone in the stateroom 21 or over must purchase... You could game the system if you had two cabins...

Edited by huenix

What if one of the people in the room is underage?

ETA: Nevermind: Its everyone in the stateroom 21 or over must purchase... You could game the system if you had two cabins...

if under age they don't have to buy anything.