Since The Magic Is Scheduled To Dry-Dock

NewAddict

not likely. i agree with the above. if anything it might pick up some of the newer venues like bonsai sushi, jiji asian, havana bar, shake spot and pizzeria del capitano, all of which debuted on sunshine and will be included on carnival vista, some of which have been incorporated into recent drydock upgrads (which gives an idea of where they're headed with funship 2.1 or whatever you want to call it), or vista-only features like the seafood shack.

Magic doesn't have Seadogs... Unless they added it recently.. They will be getting a guys. Magic has the same 2 mini buffet areas on Lido where they put Guys and Blue Iguana on the Conquest class ships... So those will become Guys and BI... As for the rest, I imagine an Alchemy bar will be added too... Remember.. just because there is no space does mean they won't re purpose some venue they have now. They will probably also do camp carnival into Suess at sea and Ocean Adventures....

Magic doesn't have Seadogs... Unless they added it recently..

Not sure when it was added, but she does have SeaDogs

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/MC_Features_PublicAreas.htm

Name:**SportSquare Bar / Sea Dogs

Function: Bar

Hours:*hours vary depending on port / at sea day*

beverage service*($)

big screen TV showing various sports events

Function: Hot Dog Cart

Hours: Sea days: 11:00am-4:00pm; Port days: closed

Featuring complimentary, hot dogs and traditional toppings

I was just looking online. From what I am reading the Magic will not get Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina. I am assuming from what I see it will get everything else it does not already have. I found the info on shipcruise.org.

• 3 weeks later...
I was just looking online. From what I am reading the Magic will not get Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina. I am assuming from what I see it will get everything else it does not already have. I found the info on shipcruise.org.

That information also says Magic is going into dry-dock in 2015, which we now know will be 2016 instead. The additions maybe right but we will have to wait and see what the changes will be. I will be able to see shortly after it comes out of dry-dock since we sail the Magic on March 20, 2016.

When is the Magic coming to Port Canaveral?

With the very mixed reviews on the Sunshine.................I think Carnival is losing business out of Port Canaveral which is Orlando.

We had the Glory. Loved it

We had the Dream. My all time favorite ship

We had the Liberty. that was gone quick as a wink to Puerto Rico where they are doing heavy discounting. Loved that ship

Now Sunshine. Sail her in three weeks. Don't know.

We sailed 8 times on the Glory and the Dream. Just got to sail once on Liberty.

I cannot understand why Carnival sends every nice ship to TEXAS. nothing against Texans but they are discounting those cruises.

My cruise on the Sunshine........almost full. Prices higher.....not lower.

With the very mixed reviews on the Sunshine.................I think Carnival is losing business out of Port Canaveral which is Orlando.

We had the Glory. Loved it

We had the Dream. My all time favorite ship

We had the Liberty. that was gone quick as a wink to Puerto Rico where they are doing heavy discounting. Loved that ship

Now Sunshine. Sail her in three weeks. Don't know.

We sailed 8 times on the Glory and the Dream. Just got to sail once on Liberty.

I cannot understand why Carnival sends every nice ship to TEXAS. nothing against Texans but they are discounting those cruises.

We will be sailing the Breeze next summer out of Miami, price much the same as the Magic out of Galveston.

carnival magic comes to port canaveral in december 2016:

"Additionally, Carnival Magic will reposition to Port Canaveral in December 2016 to offer two different seven-day Caribbean itineraries, providing consumers with exciting new week-long cruise vacation choices from Central Florida. Carnival Magic is part of the line’s newest class of ship and offers such features as a WaterWorks aqua park, Cucina del Capitano family-style Italian restaurant and SportSquare outdoor recreation area." - See more at: http://carnival-news.com/2015/04/14/building-upon-leadership-position-in-port-canaveral-carnival-to-expand-capacity-on-short-cruises-by-34-percent-and-offer-newest-class-of-ship-on-week-long-voyages-from-space-coast/#sthash.IMk9tIsD.dpuf

i don't think this statement is entirely true... carnival sent dream to port canaveral to begin with... carnival sent breeze to miami... carnival is sending vista to miami (and then sending breeze to tx, and giving port canaveral magic)...

carnival is sending 'better than average' ships to galveston because they demand the highest fares there, it's simple business. carnival has over saturated the multiple ports in florida and thereby are competing against themselves for the drive in market, and there is greater demand for higher priced sailings from galveston. carnival has been aggressive in pricing sunshine 'as a new ship' with a premium given the many 2.0 or even unique offerings at this time... but every time i read someone complaining that florida doesn't have enough or 'not nice enough ships' i have to kinda giggle just a bit :rolleyes:

i would also refute the general statement that carnival is discounting fares on 'those cruises' - a search of comparable cruises for comparable dates on carnival.com would support that for what i would contend to be the majority of sailings. and this, despite the fact that galveston has recently seen an approximately 30% increase in capacity just due to the 3rd ship (not to mention conquest -> magic and ecstasy -> triumph changes in the past 5 years or so)

Edited by falkcor

Also read that Galveston is actually there best selling port and that's why they got a brand new ship which was the Magic, and brought a third ship The Freedom... Now they will bring Breeze and Liberty to keep demand high here. Which for the first time Galveston will have 3 Big Carnival Ships Breeze, Freedom and Liberty. I remember when it was only Conquest and Ecstay here... Even RCCL is bring Liberty of the Seas to Galveston..

Regarding the 2.0 upgrades to the Magic, my opinion is she will get the extra 2.0 fun ship on her 2016 Drydock, they need to add Guys and Blue Iguana especially now that she is moving to a new location too.. Hopefully they will post more info regarding the drydock

• 1 month later...

I just talked to a carnival representative today and she told me they don't know or can't say the exact plans for when the magic is on drydock. However she also told me that they are planning on putting a guys and blue iguanas on every ship eventually but she couldn't tell me if that was happening for the magic this dry dock or not.

Hoping they get a Guys burger's [emoji39]

The Victory didn't when she was in dry dock this last April. They added the Alchemy Bar and changed the EA Sports bar to the new Skybox bar and some new carpet...none of the the other venues (red frog, blue iguana, guys, etc) were added. :o

It seems that 2.0 upgrades doesn't mean what it used to....they seem to be picking and choosing what is added instead of the "full 2.0 upgrades" that were to be upgrading the fleet.

• 5 weeks later...