Pride of America Cruisetour

Kattus

We're looking at March/April 2016 dates to sail the Pride of America out of Honolulu, and the 11 day cruisetour is of interest so that we get the most out of our visit to Hawaii. I have already spoken to my PCC about the possible renewal of NCL's contract for the Air/Hotel/Cruise package (which seems like a great deal to book together). Has anyone done the 11 day cruisetour, and if so, was it worth the extra $$$ Thanks in advance!

We have looked at them a few years ago but it was much cheaper to book all legs separately ie: flights, hotels and excursions.

The main problem after price is depending where your flying from you could get one or two flight changes each way or you could end up with a red eye flight.

NCL does not book flights particularly Hawaii in advance, more like a week to a few days before. The reason being is that while Hawaii is popular its not extremely seasonal in that you can go mostly any time of the year and have good weather.

Hawaii is also not a "convention town".

You can also save a minimum of 40% off NCL excursion prices, Roberts Hawaii is the one we have always used for both land and shore excursions. They have been around a long time and are reputable and very knowledgeable.

Thank you for the info. I was attracted to the cruisetour because having everything in one package deal makes everything seem easier, especially planning out each day, and neither my husband or I drive (which I know is crazy, but we're both from NYC and grew accustomed to it) and I know that the cruisetour comes with transportation.

I will look into Roberts Hawaii, thank you :)

We did the 10 day Cruisetour last August - September, and it was great.

We booked airfare on our own.

The three day precruise tours were absolutely the best. If you decide on this, see if you can get Cody as your bus driver. He was very knowledgeable, informative, and personable

It was certainly nice to sit back, and "leave the driving to them".

We are doing the cruisetour in August, so I will be sure to come back and share our review. So many people told us to stick with a land tour, but after a few months of researching, we were completely overwhelmed and decided to go the easy (albeit pricier) cruise+land route and let someone else make the arrangements. We're looking forward to someone else driving so we can enjoy the scenery.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked for next May, and my new PCC said we had the option of adding on a cruisetour if/when they became available. I like the option, but think we're just going to book our own pre-cruise hotel after all.