Final Payment?

sail7seas

I have booked my first cruise sailing with NCL and the PCC I dealt with was wonderful. I spoke with her the once when I booked and called to day to make final payment and got a recording she is on leave of absence. She has someone covering for her. I left a message with them but have not heard back.

I am anxious about making final payment on line and do not want to do that. How can I make final payment by telephone speaking with someone responsible that can help me? I know from lots of other cruise experience that not all telephone reps are as well trained or experienced as we would like.

After 44 years with my DH, this is the first time I have planned a trip on my own and since his death, I am adjusting to doing all these things on my own.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi Sail -

(I remember your help on the HAL boards!).

You can call the general customer service number and do it that way. I still prefer a "person" to sending the payment over the web when it's a cruise (that's why I switched to TAs now).

(And, my condolences on your loss. I, too, lost my husband last year and am adjusting as well now.)

Just call into NCL and anyone can tear your payment [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I CAN call just anyone and whichever rep answers the phone is hit or miss as to working well with them. Most experienced cruisers know there are some well trained, experienced reps and some that are less so.

I actually found my way to another PCC just now and they were very helpful, I think. I'll know for sure when they follow through on what I requested. :)

Thanks for the suggestion though. In a pinch, yes..... that would be 'better than nothing'.

Hi Sail -

(I remember your help on the HAL boards!).

You can call the general customer service number and do it that way. I still prefer a "person" to sending the payment over the web when it's a cruise (that's why I switched to TAs now).

(And, my condolences on your loss. I, too, lost my husband last year and am adjusting as well now.)

Hi Frich & Frack,

I remember you, too. :)

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's so hard after being with our DH's for so many years to learn how to live without them. My most sincere best wishes. Take good care of yourself.

Hi Sail!

I just saw something about the "Suite Life" in an earlier post.

You'll love the suites. It's all we booked and and it's what I will continue on with. I took a break of about 18 months (cancelled 3 in that time - but booked a "replacement" in March - did well on my own, so, as you can see, I've gone back to more bookings :D ).

I'm not sure which kind you're booking. We generally had the H5 in the Haven. On the Breakaway & Escape, I booked the Aft Suite (not within the Haven, but with Haven access). I love large balconies (like the SB on HAL).

As for the NCL Customer Service reps (general and PCC), I never had much luck finding a "good" one, that's why I switched to a TA.

Enjoy!

Hi Sail!

I just saw something about the "Suite Life" in an earlier post.

You'll love the suites. It's all we booked and and it's what I will continue on with. I took a break of about 18 months (cancelled 3 in that time - but booked a "replacement" in March - did well on my own, so, as you can see, I've gone back to more bookings :D ).

I'm not sure which kind you're booking. We generally had the H5 in the Haven. On the Breakaway & Escape, I booked the Aft Suite (not within the Haven, but with Haven access). I love large balconies (like the SB on HAL).

As for the NCL Customer Service reps (general and PCC), I never had much luck finding a "good" one, that's why I switched to a TA.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for this post.

Seems you and I are mirroring each other.

I, too, booked another cruise prior to the Dawn cruise to Bermuda with friends but I cancelled just before final payment. I could not think of boarding a HAL ship without my DH. Sailing NCL will be everything new to me as we sailed other lines but not NCL. Hopefully, it will get me 'back to sea'. :)

I booked a Penthouse "SE" and though I hate the double fare for solo occupancy, all our cruises have been in "SA" Neptune Suites on HAL and I know I would set myself up to fail were I to book a small cabin. Maybe in time, I might but not my first cruise back on the water.

You are an inspiration to me as you have succeeded at what I am just now trying. I have not sailed for coming up to two years.

Edited by sail7seas

Is it on the Dawn? We used to sail in 10000 - it's where we got engaged and honeymooned.

The Haven was better for him with his declining health overall, so we switched to that.

Though, on HAL, those aft suites were so amazing (we had put my folks into the SA a few times - they swore they were getting lost in there! LOL).