Bingo Galore

carnival03

I am trying to plan out new things to do that we haven't done on our past two cruises with Carnival. Bingo, is something we have never done.

Does anyone know the price for bingo? Is the price same for all "types" of bingo games? Which are the best to attend? Any Tips?

Thanks in advance! :D

I can't remember the exact price (maybe $40?) but I do recall it included multiple bingo "cards" and 2 markers. We played mid-week and actually won $150 but another person won, so we had to split it. Booooo. That was our first time playing but we enjoyed it. We will probably play again this upcoming cruise.

If I remember correctly packages are $20, $30 and $40. Prizes vary depending on the amount of people. Total ripoff IMHO...last time went but did not play. You are better off putting $40 in the slots, lasts longer sometimes, especially the penny slots.

For a little bit more personalized fun, you can make a bingo card of your own and play Lido Bingo while you people watch on the Lido deck. If you are going with a group, perhaps each can pitch in a few dollars and whoever gets bingo first gets a little jack pot.

20/30/$40 packages. I won $1,000 on my cruise in 2013 but nothing since. Dan the Bingo Man on the Freedom is pretty entertaining. View it as entertainment, not a cash investment and you'll have a good time!!

We've won $1000+ over the years at Bingo. We've won probably 10 times or so on various cruises. (3x on our honeymoon cruise on HAL ... we got some evil eyes in the 3rd win, haha). But, we've spent a lot on it too, so probably have broken even overall or a little ahead.

But, we play because it's fun, and exciting if you win or are one number away. Not because we expect to come out ahead.

The bingo is way too expensive for the prize money offered. In 2012 we were on NCL and the blackout bingo prize was $1500. My daughter had bought just one card for like $15.00 for that last game and won 1/2. ($750). Now that was worth playing. (We had paid $25.00 for 3 games of bingo that last day). I wish Carnival would have bigger prizes to justify the cost of the cards.

Edited by hartsnvt