Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

I finally got 5 $100 cards... but it was an ordeal.

The order tripped some kind of threshold, so they needed to verify with me, and consequently, my order was canceled, as I was out of town. The contact was not initiated for a WEEK after my order.

When I returned, I called in, and was informed that they could reinstate my order, but someone would have to be home to sign for it.

After much discussion with the rep, she placed the order for me as pre-approved. 4 $100 cards, and 1 $100 cards, to get around the signing limit. Evidently, $400 is the max without a signature required at delivery.

I've never had so much problem getting something ordered and delivered.

Good luck!

Wendy

I finally got 5 $100 cards... but it was an ordeal.

The order tripped some kind of threshold, so they needed to verify with me, and consequently, my order was canceled, as I was out of town. The contact was not initiated for a WEEK after my order.

When I returned, I called in, and was informed that they could reinstate my order, but someone would have to be home to sign for it.

After much discussion with the rep, she placed the order for me as pre-approved. 4 $100 cards, and 1 $100 cards, to get around the signing limit. Evidently, $400 is the max without a signature required at delivery.

I've never had so much problem getting something ordered and delivered.

Good luck!

Wendy

I had a similar experience with my first order.

I received a call to confirm the order (thank goodness I didn't ignore the caller ID number I didn't recognize) and that is the only time I have ever been asked to confirm an order.

Since that initial order, all of my orders have shipped without follow-up.

Like you, I didn't know a signature was required for orders in excess of $400, so I had to have UPS hold them for pick up at the local center. I now have them delivered to my DW's office if the order will require a signature.

Sorry for your troubles, but if you make a future order, you shouldn't have that confirmation issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well better safe then sorry as $500 is a good some of money.........

It pays to read through this thread and do some homework, as the $500 limit has been talked about, glad you got your cards and lucky they reissued the cards as usually when they are out, they are out....Hope your next time is easier, happy shopping!

Is Christmas Day last time cards were up for sale? Did buy some not to long ago, before Christmas actually, but it had been a while before that. Are they coming up more frequently now, or does it seem to still be one or twice a month?

I understand it is hard to get these gift cards, but without having to go thru this entire thread could some one post a link to where one might try and get them.

thanks

Cheers

Len

It actually isn't hard at all.

Take a look at posts #744 (page 38) and/or #859 (page 43) of this thread and you should have everything you need....

Edited by Rod in Az

I understand it is hard to get these gift cards, but without having to go thru this entire thread could some one post a link to where one might try and get them.

thanks

Cheers

Len

they seem to sell out quickly, so you pretty much have to keep checking the site over and again every day and hope to snag some. I finally did last month, I was shocked because every other time I've checked, they have been sold out. You also need to have reward points built up but taking quizzes, etc.

Just a heads up here. Please be careful and check your balance when you get these cards.

I have ordered two $500.00 and three $100.00 ones without any problems but I know someone that wasn`t so lucky.

She ordered two $100.00 ones on October 20th. checked the balance yesterday (had not thought to check the balance until she read on here that someone else had this problem) and both cards have a 0 balance on them. She`s not used them before however.:(

I`m not sure how it will be handled since she no longer has her receipt where she purchased them, only where they were charged to her credit card.

I got an email today asking me to call to confirm my orders from yesterday. Is this usual practice? DO they try to upsell anything?

No, they don't try and upsell you anything, just confirm your order.

I had that same experience with my first order. Once you're in their system I don't believe they have you call to confirm again, at least that has been my experience.

I had that same experience with my first order. Once you're in their system I don't believe they have you call to confirm again, at least that has been my experience.

Thanks.

Same here. I think I've gotten a call or email to confirm an order once for a $500 card. That's it. I do get them almost every time they are available for the past 18 months. I'm sure by now they know it's me. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Following--I created my account, but haven't seen any yet. Hope I can snatch up some for our family's cruise in 2017! Thanks to everyone for the helpful information! I do have one question--for the $500 gift cards, is it 5000 points per card or per order?

Edited by heath7767
added question

Following--I created my account, but haven't seen any yet. Hope I can snatch up some for our family's cruise in 2017! Thanks to everyone for the helpful information! I do have one question--for the $500 gift cards, is it 5000 points per card or per order?

That's per card.

Hmmm....I'm wondering if these are a thing of the past. Carnival isn't listed at all anymore. Before, the cards were there, just listed as 'Sold Out'. I sure hope they come back!

They are MIA a lot, but so far they have always eventually shown up - just need to keep checking !!

Hmmm....I'm wondering if these are a thing of the past. Carnival isn't listed at all anymore. Before, the cards were there, just listed as 'Sold Out'. I sure hope they come back!

They were just available last week. And last year around this time they were MIA for over a month. They will be back.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk