Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Hmmm....I'm wondering if these are a thing of the past. Carnival isn't listed at all anymore. Before, the cards were there, just listed as 'Sold Out'. I sure hope they come back!

I got a $500 card about 10 days ago.

Edited by Schoifmom

When someone see the $500 available instead of sold out, please post. Thank you so much.

When I posted this, the $500 cards were available, because someone else in our group got one. They obviously sold out super fast. I only mentioned the ones I brought. It's always best to check for yourself if you are interested in getting them. These updates are courteous, but never rely on them solely. I checked twice this morning. Third time was a charm.

When I posted this, the $500 cards were available, because someone else in our group got one. They obviously sold out super fast. I only mentioned the ones I brought. It's always best to check for yourself if you are interested in getting them. These updates are courteous, but never rely on them solely. I checked twice this morning. Third time was a charm.

I do check 3 to 4 times a day. As soon I saw your post (since I had already check 3 times this morning) I went to check again. I will keep checking. Thank you for posting.

So, here is the 50 million dollar question. Are they there and saying they are sold out because a couple days ago they were available and then sold out and the icon hasn't come down yet... as often happens

Or are they there because they are getting ready to load them again... as often happens.

In the words of the immortal Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka... "the suspense is killing me." :D

So, here is the 50 million dollar question. Are they there and saying they are sold out because a couple days ago they were available and then sold out and the icon hasn't come down yet... as often happens

Or are they there because they are getting ready to load them again... as often happens.

In the words of the immortal Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka... "the suspense is killing me." :D

Good question. I do know that they weren't there yesterday. Did they load them early this morning and they already sold out? Don't know. They do sometimes put the icons up with a "sold out" and then release them later in the day.

No pattern as to when they get out up, it is random.

I can say that we just got back from out Journey cruise on the Dream out of San Juan and the cards were so damn easy to use and saved us some serious money! These cards are the best thing they have out, had ZERO issues using them! Only problem was loading them using the damn kiosk, kept saying invalid card. Guest services took care of that for me, love these cards!!!

Good question. I do know that they weren't there yesterday. Did they load them early this morning and they already sold out? Don't know. They do sometimes put the icons up with a "sold out" and then release them later in the day.

Unless they have changed it, I don't think that is how it works.

If the red button on the gift card page says "add to cart", but when you get to the cart it gives the sold out message, this means they are loading them into the system. You have to keep checking back for when that message goes away and they go live to complete the purchase. Sometimes that's a few minutes, a couple hours, or several hours, sometimes even overnight (when the add to cart button shows up late the night before). Rarely, they load them in batches, so you may see them available in the AM, sold out, and then become available again.

When they are actually sold out, there will be one of three things . . . Either the red button on the listing will say sold out (if you already have some in your cart you also will get the sold out message in the cart), OR you can add them to the cart but when you get to the cart it will say there are 0 quantity left available, OR there will be no listing for the cards at all.

What I describe is the way I have seen it work every single time.

I have VERY rarely seen them add them in batches where you will see add to cart, then sold out, then add to cart in the same day. I have never seen them put the icon up with the sold out message up because they are adding them. If you see the sold out message it's almost always because the icon hasn't come down yet from a previous sale and they are truly sold out for that shipment.

Please read the following post for more details ...

If you haven't done so yet, subscribe to that thread with instant notification turned on for that thread. Most of the time, when they become available someone will post it to that thread and you will get notified right then. In addition to stalking the website yourself, that's the best way to catch the gift cards.

Of course, there are always some people who don't know any better and start a new thread saying they are available. That really sucks because only the people who happen to be looking at the cruise critic board right when they post will see the thread, but none of the people who are subscribed to the other thread will be notified.

But usually someone will still be good and post a notification on the other thread too.

They were available last week for a few hours. Then two weeks prior to that just the $500 cards were available. Just keep checking. That's it. I know people get antsy when they don't see them. But they will be there. You just have keep checking. Obviously sometimes they are more available than others.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk