Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Just my luck! I have been trying all month to get another $500 in card(s) and now that I am sailing in 3 days, and can't get them in time; they are available again.:mad:

Oh, that stinks ! Maybe go ahead and get them anyway so you'll have them for your next cruise ? :)

Or, maybe someone at home could email the card info when they come in. You could even have it mailed to their house (or work) so they dont have to be at your house to get it. Get wifi on the ship or free wifi in a port, grab the card info, then apply it to your sign & sail ?

Thank you so much! I was able to purchase enough cards to completely pay off our February 2017 cruise for our family of 5, plus tips and a little extra for the S&S account.

I really appreciate everyone offering advice in this thread. We're a one-income family since I stay home with our three little ones, so we save for at least a couple of years before taking each cruise. Being able to save 10% with minimal effort really helps!

Feels good to be able to unsubscribe from this thread and know that I don't need to keep checking the AARP site! :)

Oh, that stinks ! Maybe go ahead and get them anyway so you'll have them for your next cruise ? :)

Or, maybe someone at home could email the card info when they come in. You could even have it mailed to their house (or work) so they dont have to be at your house to get it. Get wifi on the ship or free wifi in a port, grab the card info, then apply it to your sign & sail ?

Thanks for the suggestions but this will be my last Carnival cruise for a while.

The next two are RCCL (April) and Princess (November). I will be concentrating on them for the next year or two; I still have room of one more cruise this year (late summer or early fall) if I find a good price.

I will be Emerald on RCCL after my cruise in April and am about 3, maybe 4, cruises away from elite on Princess. I just wish they had Princess gift cards as well as Carnival; that would save me some big bucks getting to Elite.

I hope to be Diamond on RCCL and Elite on Princess by the end of next year. Then I can go back and work on my Carnival status; unless they add more levels to their loyalty program again.

Just my luck! I have been trying all month to get another $500 in card(s) and now that I am sailing in 3 days, and can't get them in time; they are available again.:mad:

Can you not buy them and have them emailed? With my citi card I can buy them and they email them to me, I also have the option of having them mailed which I will do with the two I'm purchasing as gifts. I don't have Verizon so I don't know how this program works but maybe that's an option?

Can you not buy them and have them emailed? With my citi card I can buy them and they email them to me, I also have the option of having them mailed which I will do with the two I'm purchasing as gifts. I don't have Verizon so I don't know how this program works but maybe that's an option?

All AARP cards are mailed.

With Verizon, the 100’s come in the mail and the 500’s come by either UPS or FEDEX (can’t remember which). The 500’s have to be signed for but the 100’s that are mailed don’t require a signature; which kind of sucks where I live because I don’t trust the mail here. I have had things I know were mailed to me that never showed up. So far all the cards I have ordered have shown up. I read somewhere that any order of $500 or more has to be signed for also. Not sure about that because I have never ordered five 100’s at the same purchase yet. I did order three 100’s with one CC and turned around and ordered three more with a different CC all six showed up the same day but in two envelopes of three cards.

I don’t have anything to do with AARP myself. When I retired the first time, I tried to join and they wouldn’t let me. They said I was “too young to join”; my position is retired is retired regardless if you are 39 or 99; so I watch for the postings under this thread and then go to Verizon Rewards to order the cards.

I am convinced that the same company does the cards for both AARP & Verizon because every time the AARP thread lights up, they are also available through Verizon Rewards.