Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

So on the AARP ones I have to wait for them to come in the mail correct? Do you have to be a member to purchase them? DH was then his membership lapsed I guess I could repay his membership if need be.

I know they have a points system now where you can earn points toward GCs but it doesn't show carnival as being one of the cards you can use the points towards, does anyone know if you can buy carnival cards with the earned points when they are available?

I thought about waiting for the next sale on Ebay but with so many paypal accounts getting locked up trying to buy the cards I don't want to risk buying one of them. I'm a seller on there and having my account locked even over night would lose me more money than it would save me if my buyers couldn't pay me. That would be a mess. Not worth the risk for 5% more. I'd rather buy from AARP if I can catch a card there and figure out how to buy it.

OOps nevermind I see he needs to log in to see the cards and earn 1,000 pts to get the 10%. Guess I'll get his membership repaid.

How long does it usually take for them to arrive?

If you use Allstate insurance, sign up for Allstate rewards for free instead of paying AARP. I think you can also do the AARP rewards for good program without being a paying AARP member?

it takes about a week for me to receive the cards when I order through Allstate (same fulfillment company as AARP).

Still no Carnival cards but they have RC cards in today. I know many people sail both lines so if you want Royal cards they have 10% off today.

I'm waiting for them to get some more carnival cards in. Bought one of the $100 ones the other day, haven't received it yet, should be here in a couple of days it from what I'm seeing. Kind of a pain having to wait to get it to apply it to the cruise but I have plenty of time and on a tight budget this go round so any money saved is worth it.

We don't use Allstate so can't go through them.

Still no Carnival cards but they have RC cards in today. I know many people sail both lines so if you want Royal cards they have 10% off today.

I'm waiting for them to get some more carnival cards in. Bought one of the $100 ones the other day, haven't received it yet, should be here in a couple of days it from what I'm seeing. Kind of a pain having to wait to get it to apply it to the cruise but I have plenty of time and on a tight budget this go round so any money saved is worth it.

We don't use Allstate so can't go through them.

You don't have to use Allstate to get the points, but you have to download the Drivewise app. Also, do you use Verizon wireless they offer the cards as well. But all three offer them at the same time so I'm thinking it's the same distributor that puts them out.

Because there are often questions, want to share my experience as a recent purchaser.

After purchasing online, received confirmation email of purchase then received another email to confirm purchase before delivery. Once confirmed, received delivery details and ACTUAL card received via UPS. Used card today toward air purchase with Carnival. Second card will be applied as onboard credit.

1st card received in about 10 days as I had to reroute card to a different address. 2nd card arrived in less than a week.

I appreciate the information given here and just wanted to share.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
:)Hundred and Five Hundred are up for sale. Don't wait:D

Thanks for the heads up. I thought about buying a couple last night and checked and they weren't there. Was surprised to se this post this morning. Must have been reading my mind. :D

Thank you so much for this thread! I had been saving these AARP points for years and never knew what to do with them. I just bought $1100 of gift cards for Carnival, and this is saving me $110! Thank you, thank you, thank you, this takes some of the sting out of the price.

Edited by alexadeparis