Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Also, just so you know I have not received one "confirmation of shipment" email; however, you can log into your AARP Rewards account and look at your points transactions, find the one that deducted the points for the purchase and click on it - and this will show you the detail of your order including shipping information (date it shipped or if it is still pending). This is how I keep track of mine if they have gone out or not.

I didn't know this! I've never had trouble receiving my cards but this is great to know. I order Carnival Gift Cards as well as other merchandise from AARP so it's good to know I can track my order status if I need to. Thanks for sharing!!!

Also, just so you know I have not received one "confirmation of shipment" email; however, you can log into your AARP Rewards account and look at your points transactions, find the one that deducted the points for the purchase and click on it - and this will show you the detail of your order including shipping information (date it shipped or if it is still pending). This is how I keep track of mine if they have gone out or not.

I can't find this "points transactions" in my account. Can you tell me where to go to find it???

*click on the rewards for goods tab

*click on the "log into redeem points (or redeem points if you are already logged in)" option

*at the top in the black title bar click on "account"

*A list of each point transaction you earn and use shows up.. find the one where the points were deducted to pay for the gift cards

*To the right of where the points show being deducted should be "view detail," click on this.

Will show you the details of the transaction including a ship date if it has shipped.

Edited by wemjam

*click on the rewards for goods tab

*click on the "log into redeem points (or redeem points if you are already logged in)" option

*at the top in the black title bar click on "account"

*A list of each point transaction you earn and use shows up.. find the one where the points were deducted to pay for the gift cards

*To the right of where the points show being deducted should be "view detail," click on this.

Will show you the details of the transaction including a ship date if it has shipped.

Got it, thank you. What a coincidence, it says they were shipped today:rolleyes:

FYI, I ordered 10 - $100.00 gift cards from AARP on 8-19 and received my

confirmation email stating I would receive an email when my order was shipped. I received a call on the 20th from AARP to confirm I purchased the 10 cards and because of the large dollar amount I would have to sign for them when UPS delivered them. At that time I changed my shipping address to my work address so I could sign for them. As of today no email to tell me they were shipped. I called the 888 number on my confirmation of purchase and the AARP rep told me because of the large amount of cards it was taking longer to ship. I told her if I didn't receive a email confirming shipment by Monday I would call back.

They didn't waste any time charging my CC on the 20th:rolleyes:

Follow up...received my gift cards today. As I mentioned I had changed the shippping address to my work address since no one would be home during the day to sign for them. Well my husband happend to work half a day today and when I got home from work the cards were on the kitchen table. I asked him where they came from and he say UPS delivered them and he signed for them! I looked at the packing slip and there was a sticky note with my work address on it but they never changed the shipping address. Glad my husband was home. It all worked out but I know for future orders to not order a large quantity.

I ordered 6 of the $500 cards on the 21st. When i called to check i was told they could take up to 10 budiness days to ship. Sure enough today on day 10 the status finally changed to shipped! Delivery next Thurs one day short of 3 weeks from order.

Were you able to order all 6 of the $500 cards at one time via AARP?

Recently when there were only cards in $100 increments (may have been on the Verizon website), I was only able to order 5 cards. Thanks.

Yes I was able to purchase all 6 of the $500 cards in a single purchase. I did see discussion after that the next time the cards were available on Verizon there was a 5 card limit. Before my purchase I saw many people purchasing this many and more at one time. Not sure if AARP has put the limit in place but probably so. It sounds like they use the same website as their platform for selling items.

Wonder when they will have more. I keep checking and don't see them. They have RC

I check often too. Sometimes two or three times a day but I always come up empty handed.:(

I`m not giving up though. One of these days I will get lucky. So I can wait.:)

Good luck to you.

How do you find these cards? Can you call AARP or is it on their website?

You cannot call. You have to join aarp.org website. Then earn points to be used for things. On the main aarp page click rewards for good at the top, then click redeem points, then click gift certificates at the top, then travel and if they are available they will show up on the next page.

You do not have to join aarp, just have to join the website.

I have saved a couple of hundred and paid off our cruises with these.

Edited by ready2cruzagain