Fishing excursions from Denali or McKinley lodges

kkbrig

My husband says he would like to go fly fishing on this trip (he's never been). Looking into our options we have

1)Denali Fly Fishing for Arctic Grayling, which takes you to Jack River to fly fish. This excursion is out of Denali, where we don't have as much time, but could potentially squeeze it in our first evening.

2)the second option is out of McKinley, where we have a full day plus a full afternoon/evening of a second day. And there does not seem to be nearly as many things to do at this lodge that interest us (compared with the Denali lodge). The trip out of here is called Alaska Sportfishing tour. It says you go out on a specialized jet boat or raft on the Talkeetna River and that on board all the "line tackle and fishing gear for spincast or flyfishing has been provided for you"

Obviously, I will have DH look at these, but I am wondering if anyone who has been on either can tell me about them and perhaps how they compare. I know so little about fishing.

Thanks for your insight.

• 10 months later...
we are looking at the sport fishing also on the boat but its 7.5 hours and was wondering if there is a shorter one thats maybe not posted on princess site. thanks for the info

there are several vendors listed on the Talkeetna Chamber of Commerce directory ... check their web sites to see what they offer.

If you're on a princess cruisetour keep in mind that the lodge is an hour away from town, so you will need to factor in the shuttle schedule.