is free wifi a Pinnacle Perk?

Does anyone know if getting free wifi as a Pinnacle member is a standard perk or does this just seem to be at the discretion of the ship you're on?

I've not seen that perk published by Royal as yet, but I've seen multiple reports from different Pinnacle people on different ships that they are getting free unlimited internet.

We had it last month on the Serenade repo from New Orleans to Boston. We will be on Jewel of the Seas Pacific Coastal cruise out of San Diego, sailing this Saturday and will report back as to whether or not we have the same good fortune on that ship. :)

Does anyone know if getting free wifi as a Pinnacle member is a standard perk or does this just seem to be at the discretion of the ship you're on?

Yes, complimentary internet is a new Pinnacle Club Benefit and is available for the duration of the cruise. The roll out began on Quantum, Oasis and Allure the end of March, beginning of April. It began on our April 14th cruise on Legend. We were told that it is being rolled out fleet wide.

In addition, each Diamond Plus Member now receives 48 hours of consecutive internet and each Diamond Member receives 24 hours of consecutive internet.

Edited by cruisenfever

We had it last month on the Serenade repo from New Orleans to Boston. We will be on Jewel of the Seas Pacific Coastal cruise out of San Diego, sailing this Saturday and will report back as to whether or not we have the same good fortune on that ship. :)

Bill, those PC Members currently on Jewel that did the Panama Canal Cruise have reported back that they have had complimentary internet throughout the cruise.

Edited by cruisenfever

Yes, complimentary internet is a new Pinnacle Club Benefit and is available for the duration of the cruise. The roll out began on Quantum, Oasis and Allure the end of March, beginning of April. It began on our April 14th cruise on Legend. We were told that it is being rolled out fleet wide.

In addition, each Diamond Plus Member now receives 48 hours of consecutive internet and each Diamond Member receives 24 hours of consecutive internet.

Was there a letter in your stateroom announcing this or was it just a common knowledge thing? We are traveling on Anthem for the whole month of June and it would be nice not to have to pay for that much internet.

Does that mean they have eliminated the 30 minutes (diamond plus) you could use as you needed it and replaced it with consecutive hours? We were on Oasis in February and you could still get the 30 minutes to use when you wanted it.

Was there a letter in your stateroom announcing this or was it just a common knowledge thing? We are traveling on Anthem for the whole month of June and it would be nice not to have to pay for that much internet.

When we arrived at the NOLA cruise terminal we were directed to a seating section where we were handed an envelope which contained several sheets of information including a page which explained that we would have free internet (a value of about $300 pp) for the duration of the cruise. This was our first cruise since reaching Pinnacle Club status and we could not have been treated more wonderfully. If you get a similar benefit on your Anthem cruise(s) it will be a terrific and very valuable perk. I had some occasional problems accessing the internet on my mini-IPad and Iphone but my wife had little or no problem after some initial glitches.:)

Does that mean they have eliminated the 30 minutes (diamond plus) you could use as you needed it and replaced it with consecutive hours? We were on Oasis in February and you could still get the 30 minutes to use when you wanted it.

Yes they did eliminate the minutes for Diamond and Diamond Plus members.

For Diamond members as indicated you now have 24 hours of consecutive internet or $29.95o ff an internet package.

For Diamond Plus members as indicated you now have 48 hours of consecutive internet or $59.95 off an internet package.

When we were on the 3/29/15 sailing of Allure, that was the first week these new internet benefits went into effect which was indicated on a flyer in our room.

Yes. It is now 24 or 48 hours continuos (depending on your level). They no longer offer the "minutes" (not available for purchase either).

Thanks for this info Patti, did not know that :)

The free internet information was on the letter that shows all your coupons they always have in your cabin the first day of the cruise when we sailed on Quantum last month.

Highjacking here.....hey, Ellen! I see you are on our Jewel cruise (9/18)!!! You should come over to the roll call. There are several Sourdoughs on board!

Carol H.

Hi Carol! Good to "see" you!! :) It's been a long time.

I will definitely get over there to visit, I'm getting ready to leave for Jewel in a couple of days, and then I've got a last minute trip to Europe to plan, but then I'll be over there to play! :D

So, since I am diamond and will be sailing on Oasis, how does the free wifi work?

Do I just pick what day I want to get my free wifi and it automatically starts the 24 hour clock?

Do I have to coordinate it with someone at guest services, or is there some pre-arranged day of the sailing when my 24 hours becomes valid?

So, since I am diamond and will be sailing on Oasis, how does the free wifi work?

Do I just pick what day I want to get my free wifi and it automatically starts the 24 hour clock?

Do I have to coordinate it with someone at guest services, or is there some pre-arranged day of the sailing when my 24 hours becomes valid?

Your 24 hours starts the moment you create an account and choose your free plan. You can do that from your own device, connected to Royal's WiFi.

Edited by clarea

Your 24 hours starts the moment you create an account and choose your free plan. You can do that from your own device, connected to Royal's WiFi.

Question

Since myself and my wife are both diamond do we both get to sign up for 24 hours. different days.

Question

Since myself and my wife are both diamond do we both get to sign up for 24 hours. different days.

Correct, you each get 24 hours, so each of you should sign up on different days.

Edited by clarea

Just off of Quantum TA, Diamond Plus internet was two 24 hour free internet periods. (Not worded really well in the welcome letter) You didn't have to use them back to back. I used mine on 2 separate days. Or you could get a discount on an internet package.

So, assuming I can find free wifi in each of the 3 ports of call, I probably should use my own Diamond status on one sea day and use my wife's diamond status on another sea day to allow us to facetime back home for free on 5 of the 7 days. Sound about right?