Taxis at Vancouver airport

LMKakaThing2

I know it's last minute and I'm sure this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find anything when I search on my phone.

How easy is it to get a taxi around 11pm/midnight? My flight arrives into YVR a little after 10 tonight?

Just as you leave the terminal, there is limo service that is as cheap or cheaper than a taxi. Normally about $55 to downtown. Now if you're alone, this may be expensive (not much more than aa taxi trust me). If there is more than one person in your party, this is the way to go.

Cheers, Kenn

Just as you leave the terminal, there is limo service that is as cheap or cheaper than a taxi. Normally about $55 to downtown. Now if you're alone, this may be expensive (not much more than aa taxi trust me). If there is more than one person in your party, this is the way to go.

Cheers, Kenn

I thought that taxi's from YVR were on a set rate now of $35 to Canada Place/Downtown?

I know that the set rate isn't in place to YVR.

Yup - $31 fixed rate to most of downtown, $35 to Canada Place and hotels very close by there.

Limos are NOT by any reasonable definition close to the price of a cab, since even the small towncars have 5% tax added which brings it to approx double the taxi rate (and a correspondingly doubled total gratuity is expected). Even back in the days before fixed rate fares with a ridiculous traffic scenario in play I've only heard of one person ever having a $50 cab ride from YVR to downtown - it was almost never over $40 even in rush hour.

Three adults with a couple of bags each still fit in any cab, four or even five traveling light in a minivan - it's impossible to get a limo that doesn't cost roughly double the cab rates, so at best a large party can end up paying slightly more for a huge limo than three cabs.

All big airports have taxis waiting right outside the terminal. You do not need to call anybody - just look for a car when you get outside with your luggage.

YVR also has something called the Sky Train for people who stay near one of its stops, so you can check out the Canada Line map and see if your hotel is near a stop. That would cost less than $10 (CAD, I assume) per person.

YVR also has something called the Sky Train for people who stay near one of its stops, so you can check out the Canada Line map and see if your hotel is near a stop. That would cost less than $10 (CAD, I assume) per person.
Keep in mind the OP will be arriving late evening when the train is at a low frequency... I vote for the $35 cab carload.