Toulon port

We will be at this port between 08.00 to 17.00 hrs , any ideas? Thanks

How about finding a free wifi hotspot and going on cruise critics and post loads of threads on port stops without any information on what cruise ship and when travelling, so it fills up the time line.

Oh, too late, you have already done that.

We will be at this port between 08.00 to 17.00 hrs , any ideas? Thanks

There is a mini road train/shuttle that runs from outside the ship to the main beech area a mile or so away. I think the cost was 2 Euros

We just hired a couple of Sun beds and parasols runs by the local bars for 20 Euro for the day and had the waiters bring us cold beers periodically.

I cant remember what tours were available on the day but was glad we chose this DIY option as it was very relaxing.

How about finding a free wifi hotspot and going on cruise critics and post loads of threads on port stops without any information on what cruise ship and when travelling, so it fills up the time line.

How rude. Maybe the OP is not aware there is also a port stop section on here.

Toulon is very easy to DIY if you just want an easy day. We took the land train; wish we had taken beach wear as would have got off & stayed at the beach for a while but we just continued around & got off in the town & had a wander - pretty French town. My OH & son then took one of the harbour cruises that are on offer while my daughter & I went back & enjoyed a relatively quiet ship!

How rude. Maybe the OP is not aware there is also a port stop section on here.

Especially given as how the person criticising has only been posting on this sub forum for a month or so, and in that time has become the most pointless contributor since Kirk!

Don't miss the Maritime Museum - thought I may be bored but found it fascinating. You get a good discount (think it is 50% but don't hold me to that) on the admission price if you show your Thomson Boarding Card. http://www.historvius.com/toulon-national-maritime-museum-872/

Also a very good street market every day except Mondays plus other smaller ones around the town on other days. http://en.toulon.fr/agenda/markets-in-toulon

Edited by campolady

We took the road train. Very cheap. Stopped off at the lovely Marina. Lots of bars and restaurants. Also on the road at the back of Marina there was a market. We then got back on the road train and went to the beach. Very easy DIY. Enjoy.

This was one of the stops on my first ever cruise. With all the other big name places we were visiting I'd never really heard of Toulon and didn't have any idea what to expect.

We were there on a Sunday and there was a market on in the morning (I bought a couple of things speaking a little bit of bad French :)) Then I just wandered around and also caught the little tourist train out to the beach area.

It was a nice lazy day and is still one of my favourite places I've been to.

Oh I'd forgotten about Kirk! :D

I think it was Toulon where we did the Thomson half day excursion to Cassis which we really enjoyed. It was an old fishing harbour, now rather touristy but very pretty with lots of cafés and bars.

Btw do we need to know the ship to help answer a query from a fellow CCer? The great strength of this forum imo is that it's high on support and advice and low on intolerance.

Lovely town, go to the tourist info office in the market square and they will sell you a combined bus and cable car ticket for cheaper than just doing the cable car on it's own. They will phone the cable car station up before selling you the ticket to check it's running. They are really friendly and helpful, and will give you good directions about where to pick the bus up and when to get off.

Lovely town, go to the tourist info office in the market square and they will sell you a combined bus and cable car ticket for cheaper than just doing the cable car on it's own. They will phone the cable car station up before selling you the ticket to check it's running. They are really friendly and helpful, and will give you good directions about where to pick the bus up and when to get off.

I agree, the ticket is great and it also includes any of the local ferries across the port, we have used it twice, excellent value.

Jim.

funny dude,

Especially given as how the person criticising has only been posting on this sub forum for a month or so, and in that time has become the most pointless contributor since Kirk!

:D like :D (thumbup)

well said grez

:D like :D (thumbup)

well said grez

thanks sis geomaggot.

i think that the place is cool, i mean if you look at google maps you can see. like the more party places like senor frogs myself where we can paaarty and drink chasers and meet lots of fellow party people. yeah Sis Geomaggot

me partner and me are party people. he likes fun. i like fun.

• 9 months later...

We are a group of 6 wanting to go from Toulon port to Aix en Provence for the day and then return - does any one have any recommendations for private taxi service or can we do easily by train or bus?

Sailing on Eurodam arriving 6th July 2016 7 am to 7 pm

We are a group of 6 wanting to go from Toulon port to Aix en Provence for the day and then return - does any one have any recommendations for private taxi service or can we do easily by train or bus?

Sailing on Eurodam arriving 6th July 2016 7 am to 7 pm

You are much more likely to get accurate and up to date information if you re-post this on the France Ports forum http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=593

I wish you a wonderful excursion.