Ballroom dancing on Azura

Manx mariner

Any tips on availability of ballroom/sequence dancing on board Azura,please?

The dancing on the Azura is almost totally restricted to the Atrium. Normally its 50/50 with Ballroom and Sequence. Its not a big area and is Ok for Latin and Sequence and social dancing but really not big enough for Ballroom dancing especially if you like to stretch your legs in a quickstep. You do also get a number of people stopping to watch and so its not for the feint hearted at times not that that bothers us at all. In saying that, we have been on the Azura many times and spent many enjoyable nights dancing in the Atrium. There is a tendency for the same crowd to go each night and we find it very sociable. Personally we would recommend it.

Any tips on availability of ballroom/sequence dancing on board Azura,please?

Ballroom very small its at the bottom of the atrium Love ballroom dancing but big fault with ship , been on her many times

TBF, this is lessons for beginners or very inexperienced almost entirely. Certainly the ones I've seen have been rookies.

Yep! The lessons are very complete beginners and in my opinion they are a reasonable taster but learning a particular dance isn't easy in one lesson. The last cruise we were on had the lessons in the Atrium. I don't understand why the spectators don't join in. Surely that would be even better fun. It's a chance to learn to dance where nobody knows you.

Yep! The lessons are very complete beginners and in my opinion they are a reasonable taster but learning a particular dance isn't easy in one lesson. The last cruise we were on had the lessons in the Atrium. I don't understand why the spectators don't join in. Surely that would be even better fun. It's a chance to learn to dance where nobody knows you.

There's no room to join in! The lessons are very popular and it's such a small dance floor. Be much better if lessons were held elsewhere.

I'd agree with that. When they did the sequence dancing they used the cameras and screens that they use for shows and acts - with the ballroom dancing they didn't and you couldn't see their feet, which made it difficult. Every cruise I've been on, dance lessons have been very popular.

I agree the floor is far too small on Azura.

We made do though and we loved the atmosphere with everybody watching.

When we went on a mini cruise three years ago on Ventura, the sister ship, it had dancing in the large lounge just before the photos. Can't remember what it is called.

We are reasonable social dancers, but I could never have learnt on a Cruise Ship attending the lessons.

We always watch the lessons as we are interested in the learning techniques, but hardly ever see any of the pupils venture onto the floor at night when the more experienced of us are dancing.

We have found Fred Olsen is the best UK line for dancing.

The dancing on the Azura is almost totally restricted to the Atrium. Normally its 50/50 with Ballroom and Sequence. Its not a big area and is Ok for Latin and Sequence and social dancing but really not big enough for Ballroom dancing especially if you like to stretch your legs in a quickstep. You do also get a number of people stopping to watch and so its not for the feint hearted at times not that that bothers us at all. In saying that, we have been on the Azura many times and spent many enjoyable nights dancing in the Atrium. There is a tendency for the same crowd to go each night and we find it very sociable. Personally we would recommend it.

I endorse your comment.

The major problem we found was passengers not wishing to dance but insisting on alighting the stairway onto the dance floor as if totally oblivious to the proceedings.

Just the time for that 'mow 'em down' quickstep to make your point.

:):)

I endorse your comment.

The major problem we found was passengers not wishing to dance but insisting on alighting the stairway onto the dance floor as if totally oblivious to the proceedings.

You're a man after my own heart HaHa!

I endorse your comment.

That's the spirit. I recall that happening to us on the Azure, middle of a sequence and a couple just walked down the stairs straight in front of us, incredible, we were speechless.

The elbows were out after that if I had seen them again.