Adventure of Seas - Junior suite vs Balcony

We just booked a JS on Adventure departing Dec 5th out of San Juan. We've been on 4 previous cruises, always on Carnival and always a balcony room.

Someone mentioned priority boarding if you have a JS? Can I get more info on that?

Also, any advise on hotel in San Juan? I've read a lot on Trip Advisor and am a bit confused. We want a nice hotel, but don't want to break the bank for just one night! THANKS!

...Someone mentioned priority boarding if you have a JS? Can I get more info on that? ...

You will be seated in an area for suites and high point cruisers that gets to board right after the consecutive cruisers.

This perk only makes sense for the first 10 minutes or so after boarding starts. Once all the folks that have been waiting for boarding to start have boarded, you would board right after you check-in.

Edited by clarea

You will be seated in an area for suites and high point cruisers that gets to board right after the consecutive cruisers.

This perk only makes sense for the first 10 minutes or so after boarding starts. Once all the folks that have been waiting for boarding to start have boarded, you would board right after you check-in.

Haven't departed from San Juan in forever, but the JS line can be a nice perk for check in as well. Pics below are from Port Canaveral and Port Everglades.

1438105191731.jpg.615d38ade3c9b84bcaf90519a9bfcfcf.jpg

1438105217686.jpg.b90701526eb0f77f5d619fdc1db298ae.jpg

1438105264440.jpg.ca8263a08d56e95795a2eeebcc54b801.jpg

I'd arrive at 10:45am if you want to be among the first to board.

Bob, can you get back off and explore San Juan prior to departure. Hard part would be waiting for your cabin to drop off your luggage though

Bob, can you get back off and explore San Juan prior to departure. Hard part would be waiting for your cabin to drop off your luggage though

Sure, we've done it before. Staterooms open 1:30pm to 2pm. If you don't have much to carry, I'd drop your checked bags, check-in, and leave. That would get you out of there around 11am. I believe the first muster was 5:45pm.

Sure, we've done it before. Staterooms open 1:30pm to 2pm. If you don't have much to carry, I'd drop your checked bags, check-in, and leave. That would get you out of there around 11am. I believe the first muster was 5:45pm.

First muster :what:

First muster :what:

Adventure has two musters. The main one for the majority of guests is at 5:45pm, which allows folks to make early dinner which is pushed back to 6:30pm the first night. Anyone who arrives after the first muster has to go to a late muster, the time of which escapes me, but I'm thinking 8pm or so.

I had no idea you could leave and come back after checking in! That might be because we have always left out of Galveston and not much to see there. We also have always had an earlier departure time. You learn something new everyday! Now I just have to figure out how to not have so much carry on! LOL! I'm one of those people that think I need everything in my sight! :)

I had no idea you could leave and come back after checking in! That might be because we have always left out of Galveston and not much to see there. We also have always had an earlier departure time. You learn something new everyday! Now I just have to figure out how to not have so much carry on! LOL! I'm one of those people that think I need everything in my sight! :)

Just get back before 2nd muster. :eek:

Our Legend hump didn't have one in December. We have 5 booked in next 2 years, 3 are aft and I expect to see them there, but 2 are Freedom humps and I really don't expect to see them. But I will ask. ;)

BTW, we also have the end balcony on deck 12, I may see if I can grab one from St Tropez. :eek:

Does Legend have hump JS? I can't see them on the deck layouts.

We were in a JS on Adventure a couple of months ago and we really loved it, but we got a great deal over a year ago (before the great sales began). I'd cruise in a JS any time I could, but not if it costs a lot more. We paid around $200 each difference over the balcony.

If it were me I'd book in the balcony room and watch for any reduction in prices. You can almost always upgrade your cabin often even after final payment, but they won't downgrade and give you a refund.

Tom

Does Legend have hump JS? I can't see them on the deck layouts.

No humping on Legend.

(Legend has no parts of the hull that extend outward)

Edited by clarea

No humping on Legend.

(Legend has no parts of the hull that extend outward)

Well, actually it was Laura's cabin not mine. I had an inside on the opposite side of the Centrum. I just assumed it was a hump based on central location and the deep balcony. At least I think it had a deep balcony. :what:

Dummy me...what's a "hump"?

Portion of the ship that bumps out. Usually near elevator shaft. Improved view and occasionally a deeper balcony. Varies by ship.

Edited by John&LaLa