Help Planning - Bermuda

johnlatte

Hey all, I need some help figuring some things out. We arrive at Kings Warf on a Sunday around 11:00a. My plan was to head to Horseshoe using the beach shuttle service, by passing the bus/ferry pass. Spend the day there and catch whatever the last (or there about) shuttle back. The reason for not getting a bus/ferry pass, is that the following Monday is Heroes day. Meaning everything is going to run on a Sunday schedule on Monday?? We had plans to go to St. George for the day, but there is no orange ferry on Sundays and Holidays, and a ferry to Hamilton doesn’t start running until 10:30a. Meaning we probably get to St. George about noon and would only have a couple of hours to see the site (using the beach bus even) and we wanted to go to Tobacco beach well. The last scheduled ferry from Hamilton is 5:30, so we would have to be leaving St. George around 4:00-4:30 at the very latest. Given that there will be another cruise boat docked during that time, I’m thinking that it just is going to be a pretty large hassle for a short period of time.

On Tuesday we have booked reef fishing trip so we can’t flip St. George and fishing. We also leave port 5:30 on Tuesday so going up there after fishing doesn’t buy me anything either.

My main question is, does the bus/ferry schedule operate on a Sunday schedule on Heroes Day? If so, I have to figure out what to do on Monday with a holiday transportation schedule.

Suggestions or thoughts on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated

Edited by johnlatte

Hey all, I need some help figuring some things out. We arrive at Kings Warf on a Sunday around 11:00a. My plan was to head to Horseshoe using the beach shuttle service, by passing the bus/ferry pass. Spend the day there and catch whatever the last (or there about) shuttle back. The reason for not getting a bus/ferry pass, is that the following Monday is Heroes day. Meaning everything is going to run on a Sunday schedule on Monday?? We had plans to go to St. George for the day, but there is no orange ferry on Sundays and Holidays, and a ferry to Hamilton doesn’t start running until 10:30a. Meaning we probably get to St. George about noon and would only have a couple of hours to see the site (using the beach bus even) and we wanted to go to Tobacco beach well. The last scheduled ferry from Hamilton is 5:30, so we would have to be leaving St. George around 4:00-4:30 at the very latest. Given that there will be another cruise boat docked during that time, I’m thinking that it just is going to be a pretty large hassle for a short period of time.

On Tuesday we have booked reef fishing trip so we can’t flip St. George and fishing. We also leave port 5:30 on Tuesday so going up there after fishing doesn’t buy me anything either.

My main question is, does the bus/ferry schedule operate on a Sunday schedule on Heroes Day? If so, I have to figure out what to do on Monday with a holiday transportation schedule.

Suggestions or thoughts on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated

The buses and ferries will be on the Sunday schedule...BUT...the exception the past couple of years has been the Orange Route ferry, which has been running on its weekday schedule on public holidays. I can't guarantee that will be the case this year, but we should find out next week on Bermuda Day.

The buses and ferries will be on the Sunday schedule...BUT...the exception the past couple of years has been the Orange Route ferry, which has been running on its weekday schedule on public holidays. I can't guarantee that will be the case this year, but we should find out next week on Bermuda Day.

Thanks that is super helpful. I will keep an eye out to see if it runs like normal.