Full Dinner In Room?

Clipper

The babies crying in the dining room thread has raised the question: does RCCL allow folks to order dinner in their cabin from the dining room menu via room service or must one do with the regular room service menu? I ask because, for the first time, we will be cruising in a prime kids period. I'll be perfectly happy to hole up in our suite during the day if kids are bothersome, but would like to know if that's also an option for dinner.

I have asked our steward in the morning to bring back a dinner menu for that evening, and by the time we return to the ship, it's there in our cabin. We have no problem ordering off of the daily menu. We also ask for and keep in our cabin a linen tablecloth as provided by the ship. That way, it really is elegant dining in our cabin. We can even order in courses if desired. RCCL is great about that. Since the tipping does not include the room service staff, we tip accordingly and find that we get great service.

Rick

We also ask for and keep in our cabin a linen tablecloth as provided by the ship. That way, it really is elegant dining in our cabin.

That is a great idea. I wanted to have a romantic dinner on the balcony one night and that is the perfect touch. Thank you for sharing that idea.

Are the Balcony's on the voyager size ships big enough to eat on. Is there a table in the room you can move out there?

There is a table but it's pretty heavy and hard to move back and forth.It's like a small cocktail table.There is another thread about a portable table called roll a table.I just ordered one for our upcoming cruise.It folds up and has a carrying strap and is a pretty good size.

Archived