How are you getting to the port?

motleyfan

For short cruises we park at port; for longer cruises there is enough family in the area to take us and pick us up, and we return the favors when they cruise or fly from SoFla too. Would never use a car service on a 3 day cruise; significantly more expensive than parking at port.

Amtrak from Portland to Seattle then a cab from station to pier..

In Florida,we've always flown in a few days early and rented a car. Sometimes pay for parking for the week,sometimes drop off by port and pick up a new car a week later. Depends on amount of savings versus time it will take to save the money. If it's enough to pay for another day in the sun for my girls,I will do it.

One way car rentals to Florida ports. Just shop around. Usually the cheapest transportation for 2+ people. On this trip I am even doing car rental home from Orlando airport. Cheaper and more convenient than shuttle.

But I could just take the T. Annoying to schlep suitcases so we just Uber.

I've thought about the T as well, but I'll most likely have someone drop us off or we'll take a car service. Like you, I don't want to juggle suitcases.

I live 1 hr north of NYC. To cruise out of NYC, easy and cheap....half hr train ride and taxi to dock....to fly out of JFK, LGA or Newark, expensive! Limo is $135 each way...and flying out of NY is a pain. Just discovered NY port. What took me so long?

We live on Long Island, so to cruise out of NYC, we take the 7 Bus commuter bus service into Manhattan (59th and 3rd) and then just a short cab ride to the pier. So much cheaper and easier than gas, tolls, and parking! [emoji3]

We live on Long Island, so to cruise out of NYC, we take the 7 Bus commuter bus service into Manhattan (59th and 3rd) and then just a short cab ride to the pier. So much cheaper and easier than gas, tolls, and parking! [emoji3]

I thought about this, but what about the luggage? Can the 7 bus accommodate?

Edited by Sizzlechest

I thought about this, but what about the luggage? Can the 7 bus accommodate?

Yes they can. We took it from Ronkonkoma last year for our Gem cruise. They have a luggage hold underneath. As long as you're not bringing a crazy amount of luggage it's fine. We had two large suitcases and a small carry-on. The driver placed it underneath and then retrieved it for us when we arrived in NYC. We even got into NYC 15 minutes early last year, and had no trouble at all getting a cab (we walked to 57th, because that goes toward the pier). I thought it was very pleasant and convenient. We did take LIRR home because the timing works out much better.