Ships not as kid friendly?

AandBmom

We are looking to do a Carnival or RCCL cruise next year (before Vista comes out). We have previously enjoyed the following Carnival ships: Breeze, Imagination, Legend, Sensation. We are sailing with kids of all ages this time. I know I can read through all the ship descriptions but I thought coming on here but give better info. I'm trying to stay away from ships that don't have as much for kids to do. We like to have at least a few things in the way of ropes course, waterslides, minigolf, sports court, etc. What ships would you say ARE NOT as kid friendly when it comes to things to do?

all ships seem to get MORE kid friendly, in the likes of upgrading camp carnival to camp ocean, adding the dr suess bookville, the dr suess breakfast - those items being implemented pretty much across the fleet... all ships have minigolf.

the ropes course is only on magic and breeze (and sunshine) at the moment... sports square is pretty much the branding for the ships that have it, along with some of the other misc. equipment...

every ship has a waterslide... the elation and paradise are the 2 fantasy class ships that never got the waterworks update and have pretty crappy slides (imo). so i'd say they're least kid friendly. because every other ship at least has the twister slide, which is a decent slide.

your BEST bet would be magic and breeze because they have the sportsquare area... sunshine has it too but i'd pick a dream class ship over sunshine. dream is ok with the waterworks area but no ropes course / sports square..

and the rest of the ships are still OK, will have at least one slide, and be relatively 'kid friendly', but that's my feedback.

Edited by falkcor

We leave in 20 days on the Breeze and I know the kids are going to love it! They had a blast on the Dream and with the added ropes course, theater, and other items I don't remember from the Dream I know they will have a ton of fun. Now to just make sure DH has lots of fun since this is his first cruise :)

Most of the ships are kid friendly now, especially with the 2.0 additions, water works, DR. Seuss, improved Camp Carnival experiences, etc. Watching the kids engage in scavenger hunts, character parades, etc. is great to see, and or partake it.

My kids have had a blast on all of their Carnival cruises but the Breeze was the real show stopper.

After her I can't imagine going on anything less, I hope Magic gets some upgrades before she comes to Florida.

My son has been on triumph, conquest and victory. None of them have waterworks but he thoroughly enjoyed the water slides, pools and camp carnival. He can't wait to go to camp every evening while we are at dinner. He stays as late as he ca because they have movies and games that really appeal to them. He has been cruising since he was 4. He is 11 now, they charge for babysitting after 10pm but well worth it because the kids are there for night owls party and watch movies and play games.