Ships that are not as kid friendly.

We are looking to do a Carnival or RCCL cruise next year. We have previously enjoyed the Freedom of the Seas. We are sailing with kids of all ages this time. I know I can read through all the ship descriptions but I thought coming on here but give better info. I'm trying to stay away from ships that don't have as much for kids to do. We like to have at least a few things in the way of ropes course, surf similator, outside movie theater, waterslides, minigolf, sports court, etc. What ships would you say ARE NOT as kid friendly when it comes to things to do?

We are looking to do a Carnival or RCCL cruise next year. We have previously enjoyed the Freedom of the Seas. We are sailing with kids of all ages this time. I know I can read through all the ship descriptions but I thought coming on here but give better info. I'm trying to stay away from ships that don't have as much for kids to do. We like to have at least a few things in the way of ropes course, surf similator, outside movie theater, waterslides, minigolf, sports court, etc. What ships would you say ARE NOT as kid friendly when it comes to things to do?

Vision and Radiance class have less for kids to do than Freedom and Oasis class.

There are lots of options, Royal's Oasis class will have multi generational fun. But don't forget about the Quantum class....Ifly and bumper cars! While Quantum will be in China, Anthem will be sailing out of New York. If you are considering Carnival as a fun ship you may want to include Norwegian in your list of possibilities. Great price point and lots of fun things for families on the newer ships. Breakaway and Getaway! IF there are certain islands you want to see perhaps seeing who sails to them when you want to sail!

Not sure where you're looking at sailing and how old your kids are, but in my family's cruise experience so far (we have gone on 7 cruises with our son), we have found Vision to be the least kid friendly. There is nothing for kids to do outside of the kids club except for a little section of a main pool that is shallow for little ones. That area, of course, was always PACKED between 12 and 2 on sea days when the kids club was closed because there was nothing else to do with the kids. There is probably a rock wall but my son wasn't old enough to do it at the time.

Aside from Allure, Jewel has been my favorite for activities for kids. They have a separate kid pool with a waterslide, a mini golf course, and a movie theater. Also, because it's a smaller ship, it never felt crowded.